(NAPS) Farmers markets are sprouting up everywhere as the idea of buying fruit and vegetables directly from the person who grew them grows in popularity. To help make the most of your fresh fruit, Argo Corn Starch offers this mouthwatering recipe:
Prep Time: 30 minutes, Cook Time: 15 minutes
Chill Time: 50 minutes, Yield: 1 (12-inch) pizza
1 package (161⁄2 oz) prepared sugar cookie dough
1 package (8 oz) cream cheese, softened
1 jar (7 oz) marshmallow cream
1 tsp Spice Islands® 100% Pure Bourbon Vanilla Extract
Fruit and Glaze:
1⁄2 cup sugar
1 tablespoon Argo Corn Starch
1⁄2 cup orange juice
1⁄4 cup water
2 tablespoons lemon juice
Dash of salt
2-3 cups assorted cut-up fresh fruit
1. To Make Crust: Press cookie dough into ungreased 12-inch pizza pan. Bake in a preheated 350°F oven for 15 minutes until done, but still soft. Cool.
2. To Make Filling: Mix filling ingredients in a medium bowl with an electric mixer until thoroughly combined. Spread over crust.
3. To Make Fruit and Glaze: Combine sugar and corn starch in a small saucepan until well mixed. Add orange juice, water, lemon juice and salt. Bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring constantly.
4. Boil for 1 minute. Remove from heat.
5. Cool 20 minutes in the refrigerator. Slice fresh fruit and arrange on cream filling.
6. Drizzle with glaze and chill at least 30 minutes.