Six Belleville businesses sold alcohol to minors during an alcohol compliance check on Thursday, the Belleville Police Department said Friday.
The deparment checked 12 stores or bars, and said half of them sold alcohol to minors.
Establishments that sold to minors along with the name of the person ticketed were:
* Circle K, 9618 W. Main St.; Darteven L. Hawkins, 23, of Belleville.
* Foley's Tavern, 7714 W. Main St.; Amanda B. Lawson, 22, of Belleville.
* BV Quick Shop, 7311 Old St. Louis Rd.; Monir K. Jarabaa, 41, of Florissant, Mo.
* Fletcher's Restaurant, 6101 W. Main St.; David M. Foster, 32, of Belleville.
* Silver Creek Saloon, 2520 Mascoutah Ave; Christa J. Pier, 28, of O'Fallon.
* Casey's, 1706 Mascoutah Ave.; Michael C. Riester, 23, of Belleville.
The six businesses that were tested and complied by refusing to sell to minors were:
* BP Amoco, 1301 South 74th St.
* Casey's, 1291 Frank Scott Parkway.
* North Belt Liquors, 3620 North Belt West.
* BV Quick Stop, 1258 Lebanon Ave.
* QuikTrip, 1800 Lebanon Ave.
* BP Amoco, 1 South Belt East.