In response to letter writer Betty Jansen, here is President Obama's inheritance:
* Debt over $5 trillion and counting not in eight years but in four years.
* The Benghazi coverup; four Americans killed including one ambassador.
* Gas prices worse than in the Bush years by far.
* Iranian nukes; nothing done.
* More than 50 million Americans on food stamps now. Not good.
Half of the people in this country, mainly minorities, want stuff, that's why they voted for Obama. Food stamps are just the tip of the iceberg.
Now a fiscal cliff is ahead for Obama. He needs help from the GOP to avoid the above, otherwise a new form of recession. I say, let him plead with the GOP to help out, and if they do, fine; if not, the fiscal cliff. After all, he got us into this mess so let him get himself out.