I have several questions for state Sen. James Clayborne and Rep. Scott Penny in regard to the article in the BND on Dec. 2 about the taxpayers money that is being wasted at the Tamms Correctional Facility.
* Did Clayborne and Penny have any previous knowledge that these types of excess costs were occurring?
* If not, why not? Aren't they elected to act in a fiduciary capacity responsible for our tax dollars?
* Now that they know about this waste and abuse of power (hiring and spending), what do they plan to do about it?
* What will they use as a measuring tool to determine success in resolving this matter?
* Are they willing to expand their efforts into other areas of abuse? Which ones? When?
We, the people, will wait for their response. I assume they will be able to formulate a plan -- respond within the next 45 days because they have plenty of holiday time off.
Rev. Robert M. Goins