High winds are blamed for an overnight house fire in Caseyville.
According to firefighters, a power pole blew over near a home in the 2800 block of Hadfield Lane.
The pole's wires landed on the roof and started a fire near the house's chimney.
The call went out to firefighters just after 4 a.m.
Four departments were called to the scene and the fire was put out quickly without any injuries.
More than 1,000 Ameren customers did not have power Friday morning.
By Friday afternoon, fewer than 100 customers remained without power.