Christmas Day is Tuesday. Although many stores will close, some "sit down" restaurants will be open. Here are some of the eateries you will find open for business on Dec. 25:
* China King at 729 W. Highway 50, Suite A, in O'Fallon and at 5720 North Belt West, Suite 50 in Belleville is open from 10:30 a.m. to 10 p.m.
* All local Denny's are open 24 hours year round. So you'll be able to eat there on Christmas day at 1130 S. Illinois St. in Belleville, 737 W. U.S. 50 in O'Fallon, 27 Junction Drive in Glen Carbon, 140 Racehorse Drive in Alorton and 1310 E. Chain of Rocks Road in Pontoon Beach.
* Most IHOP restaurants are open 24-seven, including the ones at 1208 W. U.S. 50 in O'Fallon and 4233 Illinois 159 in Glen Carbon. The IHOP at 601 Carlyle Ave. in Belleville will be open Christmas Day until 2 p.m.
* Red Apple Family Restaurant at 2625 N. Center St. in Maryville will be open 7 a.m. to 2 p.m.
* TGI Friday's, 6910 N. Illinois St., Fairview Heights, will be open from 10:30 a.m. to 11 p.m.
* Waffle House at 505 N. Bluff Road in Collinsville and 3244 W. Chain of Rocks Road in Granite City are open 24 hours.
Going to the movies has become as much of a Christmas tradition as opening presents. Here are some of the theaters in the metro-east that will be open on Tuesday:
* Lincoln Theatre at 103 E. Main St. in Belleville.
* Edge 5 Theaters at 701 South Belt West in Belleville.
* O'Fallon 15 Cine at 1320 Central Park Drive in O'Fallon.
*St. Clair 10 Cine at 50 Ludwig Drive in Fairview Heights.
*Showplace 12 at 6633 Center Grove Road in Edwardsville.
* Granite City Cinema at 1243 Niedringhaus Ave. in Granite City.
Many video stores also are open Dec. 25:
* Blockbuster Video locations at 105 Regency Park in O'Fallon and 3024 Illinois 159 in Glen Carbon will be open from noon to 10 p.m.
* Family Video stores at 1611 W. Main St. in Belleville, 1838 Central Plaza Drive in Belleville, 108 St. Louis Road in Collinsville and 100 Plaza Drive in Waterloo will be open from noon to midnight Christmas Day.
Performance Eyecare, which is based in Swansea, opened a new location at 12536-B Olive Blvd. in Creve Coeur. For more information about the new Missouri office, call 314-878-1377.
Casa Gallardo is no more ... literally. Work crews have demolished the former Mexican restaurant that was a fixture in front of St. Clair Square in Fairview Heights for nearly three decades. The site will be the new home of Cheddar's Casual Cafe.
Computer Jive, a computer repair, service and sales business, has moved down the street from its former West Main Street location in Belleville.
It now is open at 1401 W. Main St. in the building which formerly housed Eckert Florist.
Computer Jive is open from 10:30 a.m. to 6 p.m., Monday through Saturday.
Contact reporter Will Buss at firstname.lastname@example.org or 239-2526.