LOVEJOY — Ricky Jenkins, an 8-month-old boy, died in July from accidental asphyxiation after sharing a bed with his parents and a sibling, according to report issued Thursday by Madison County Coroner Stephen P. Nonn.
Ricky was pronounced dead at Gateway Regional Medical Center in Granite City on July 22. Toxicology tests were negative, according to a press release Nonn issued.
Nonn also issued reports Thursday into the accidental overdose deaths of:
* Justin Michael Lange, 26, of Highland, who died from a methadone overdose. Lange was pronounced dead at the home of his parents, 12913 Andrew Drive, Highland, on Nov. 9. Toxicological testing revealed the presence of lethal levels of methadone.
* Nathaniel J. Huie, 25, of Alton, who died from acute heroin intoxication. Huie was pronounced dead at St. Anthony's Health Center in Alton, Illinois on Oct. 12 after being transported from his home.
* David A. Hellman, 49, Worden, died as a result of drug intoxication. He was pronounced dead at his home on Nov. 2. Toxicology testing revealed the presence of methadone, citalopram, and alprazolam.