With the pending legalization of same-sex marriage coming to the Land of Lincoln via the Illinois General Assembly, let's remember some facts:
* Same-sex marriage legalization benefits the economy.
* Marriage is between two human adults, whether it is between a man and a woman, woman and woman, or man and man.
* It will not lead to people marrying their cats, dogs, turtles, computers or any other non-human(s).
* Unlike the current civil unions law, same-sex couples will have full benefits and rights.
* Despite the fearmongering from the Illinois Family Institute and other religious right conservative interest groups, religious freedoms will not be weakened if this bill passes.
I think it's long past time to make Illinois the tenth state to legalize same-sex marriage.