Front page BND on Jan. 26, "Can the GOP stop being stupid?" an appeal by Louisiana Gov. Bobby Jindal for the GOP to change. The barriers to change are: inertia, habit, prejudice and fear -- all fundamental to the GOP base. I see the GOP as an alliance of willful ignorance promoting the following concepts needing much more informed reflection.
* Eliminate critical thinking in schools because it undermines fixed beliefs and parental authority.
* Eliminate the separation of church and state.
* Women are inferior to men and should be obedient and accept that men and some religions know what is best for women since the Creator of the universe is a man.
* Evolution is not established science and Darwin is wrong.
* More guns will make us safer.
* Compromise is wrong, since God is on our side and the other side is evil.
* Reducing spending will produce jobs.
* Abortion is wrong and we should not try all means possible to eliminate unwanted pregnancy.
* America has the best health care system in the world.
* Government is the problem and should be feared.
* Eliminate the EPA, Clean Air Act and Clean Water Act.
* Business regulations and taxes are bad.
* The U.S. border can be 100 percent secured.
* Foreign born illegal immigrant children should be sent out of the country.
* Over 6 billion people do not impact climate and global warming is not happening.
Willful ignorance all.