Firefighters in Collinsville Tuesday night saved the life of a man who apparently started a fire while cooking in his apartment.
The man, whose identity was not released, was unconscious when he was dragged from his apartment at 223 N. Seminary St. by rescue workers.
He regained consciousness outside the four-apartment building, and then was taken to a hospital by ambulance.
According to fire department reports, the blaze started about 10:30 p.m. Other families in the building were able to escape the smoke and flames without injury.
Firefighters were able to get the fire under control by 10:55 p.m. No word was available Wednesday about the condition of the victim.