It took firefighters just minutes to control a fire Thursday morning at a home in Troy.
Firefighters responded just after 5 a.m. to reports of a burning home in the first block of Stonebrooke Street, south of Troy-O'Fallon Road. The fire may have started in the garage.
American Red Cross volunteers responded to the fire to provide emergency assistance to the family, including food, clothing, bedding, and eyeglasses, according to the American Red Cros.
The family living at the home safely evacuated and no injuries were reported.
By 5:30 a.m. fire officials contained the fire but much of the home and its contents were destroyed.