Looking for some additional dishes for your Easter table? Here you will find a yummy parfait and a potato frittata for a brunch buffet, as well as a ritzy salad (worth the time making) that easily will fit into any style meal this Sunday.
1/2 cup vanilla low-fat yogurt
1/4 cup fat-free cream cheese spread
1 tablespoon honey
1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
2 kiwi, halved lengthwise and sliced
1 medium ripe, yet firm, banana, sliced
1 medium orange, peeled, quartered lengthwise, and sliced
1 1/2 cups frozen lightly sweetened red raspberries, thawed and drained
1 cup low-fat granola
In a small bowl combine yogurt, cream cheese spread, honey and cinnamon. Beat with an electric mixer on medium speed until combined. Chill for 1 to 4 hours.
In a small bowl, stir together kiwi, banana, orange and raspberries.
Divide the fruit mixture among four parfait glasses or wine goblets.
Spoon the cream cheese mixture over fruit. Sprinkle with granola. Serve immediately.
-- Better Homes & Gardens
2 small sweet potatoes, thinly sliced or chopped
1 medium Yukon gold potato, chopped
1 small red onion, cut into thin wedges or chopped
2 tablespoons olive oil
1/2 of a 5.2-ounce package semisoft cheese with garlic and roasted pepper
Fresh oregano (optional)
1. Preheat oven to 450 degrees. In a 13-by-9-by-2-inch pan, combine potatoes and red onion. Toss with olive oil and sprinkle with salt. Roast, uncovered, 15 minutes.
2. Meanwhile, in a medium bowl, whisk together eggs, cheese and a pinch of salt until combined. Reduce oven temperature to 400 degrees. Pour egg mixture over vegetables; return to oven. Bake 7 to 9 minutes, or until eggs are set.
3. Invert frittata onto a large cutting board; cut in wedges. Flip wedges top side up and place on plates. If desired, top with oregano.
TANGERINE, BUTTER LETTUCE AND GOAT CHEESE SALAD
1/3 cup hazelnuts
2 tablespoons tarragon vinegar
2 teaspoons minced shallots
3 tablespoons hazelnut oil
3 tablespoons vegetable oil
1/2 pound tangerines, peeled, broken into segments and stripped of any pithy strings
1 head butter lettuce, cored and torn into bite-sized pieces (about 4 cups)
3 ounces crumbled goat cheese
1. Toast the hazelnuts on a rimmed baking sheet in a 400-degree oven until they smell toasty, about 10 minutes. Remove from the oven and immediately cover with a damp kitchen towel. Let stand 10 minutes, then wrap the hazelnuts in the towel and rub to remove as much of the papery skin as possible. Chop coarsely; you should have about one-fourth cup
2. Meanwhile, combine the vinegar, one-half teaspoon salt and shallots in a small bowl and let stand 10 minutes to let the shallots soften. Whisk in the hazelnut and vegetable oil.
3. Combine the hazelnuts and butter lettuce in a large bowl. Pour over just enough of the dressing to moisten lightly, tossing gently. Season to taste with more salt if necessary. Arrange the lettuce on a platter in a low mound.
4. Add the tangerines to the same work bowl and toss to coat lightly with any vinaigrette remaining in the bowl. Scatter the tangerines over the top of the lettuce. Scatter the crumbled goat cheese over the top and serve immediately.
Servings: 4, each with 265 calories, 7 grams protein, 8 grams carbohydrates, 2 grams fiber;, 23 grams fat, 16 mg cholesterol, 257 mg sodium, 5 grams sugar.
-- Los Angeles Times