Metro-east commuters can look forward to more than $7.1 million in road projects in St. Clair and Madison counties.
The work is part of the Illinois Jobs Now! capital construction program, according to a statement from Gov. Pat Quinn.
Here is a summary of the projects in St. Clair County:
* Construct new support structures for the new alignment of Illinois 3 under the existing Martin Luther King approach bridges just north of Riverpark Drive in East St. Louis. Keeley and Sons Inc., East St. Louis, $1,846,778. Eight bids were submitted.
* Landscape at the proposed roundabout and surrounding area on Baugh Avenue and Ninth Street in East St. Louis. Mason's Landscaping and Construction Services Inc., East St. Louis, $298,823. Two bids were submitted.
* Landscape at the interchange of Interstate 55-70 and Exchange Avenue and Ninth Street in East St. Louis. Prado Construction, Troy, $111,060. Two bids were submitted.
* Tree, shrub and grass planting, fence removal, and retaining wall replacement at the I-64 and Illinois 159 interchange in Fairview Heights. Illinois Excavators Inc., Ruma, $841,344. Three bids were submitted.
* Landscaping and seeding at the relocated Interstate 70 and Illinois 3 interchange in Fairmont City. Hank's Excavating and Landscaping Inc., Belleville, $683,127. Two bids were submitted.
Here is a summary of the projects in Madison County:
* Patch and resurface Illinois 111 from six-tenths of a mile east of U.S. 67 to the Madison-Jersey county line near Godfrey. Christ Bros. Asphalt Inc., Lebanon, $353,039. Four bids were submitted.
* Milling, patching, resurfacing and structure repairs on Illinois 143 from one-third of a mile east of I-55 to four-tenths of a mile west of I-70 near Marine. The Kilian Corporation, Mascoutah, $2,051,105. Three bids were submitted.
* Replace sidewalk, curb and gutter, and install decorative lighting on North Main Street from High to L Street in Edwardsville. Electrico Inc., Millstadt, $708,682. Three bids were submitted.
* Crack routing and sealing for nine and a half miles on Illinois 255 from Illinois 143 to Seminary Road. Prado Construction, Troy, $359,594. Two bids were submitted.
* Just more than a mile of deck sealing on the McKinley Bridge over the Mississippi River at Venice. Mason's Landscaping and Construction Services Inc., East St. Louis, $72,081. Six bids were submitted.
* Building demolition at Clark Bridge and U.S. 67 in Alton. Brewster Companies Inc., Maryville, $26,355. Four bids were submitted.
* Nine-tenths of a mile of two lane improvements to complete work on the Cahokia Bridge Canal to Old Madison Road (North) in the city of Madison. Keeley and Sons Inc., East St. Louis, $308,609. Three bids were submitted.
* Install guardrails and impact reduction devices on Interstate 55/70 from Illinois 157 in Collinsville to Interstate 270 north of Troy. R and S Construction, Sparta, $248,986.