Several metro-east libraries received Back to the Books grants from the Illinois Secretary of State and the Illinois State Library.
The grants will help the libraries purchase and ship supplies, like books, audio books, graphic novels and educational CDs or DVDs.
Local recipients are:
* Central Community High School District 71 in Breese: $5,000
* Columbia Community Unit District 4: $5,000
* Lovejoy Library at Southern Illinois University Edwardsville: $4,970
* O'Fallon School District 90: $5,000
* Morrison-Talbott Library in Waterloo: $5,000
* Fairview Heights Public Library: $4,200
* Alton Community Unit School District 11: $5,000