Well, I see that Marco Rubio and Paul Ryan have folded like a deck chair on the Titanic, and joined the cast of linguini-spined Republicans on the issue of immigration reform. Recently, we have been inundated with commercials from these two saying, among other things:
* This will end "defacto" amnesty like we have now. No, this bill is defacto amnesty.
* We will secure the border. Yeah right, the checks in the mail.
* They will have to pay back taxes, I believe that, don't you?
* They will learn English. Habla Espanol anyone?
* It will allow 11 million illegal immigrants to come out of the shadows and reach the American dream. If they came here legally to begin, they won't have this problem.
* It will make us all safer by running them through background checks. Sure it will.
The president of the American Federation of Government Employees, who represents the U.S. citizenship and immigration council services, told Congress: "The legislation was written with special interests -- producing a bill that makes the current system worse, not better. The bill would damage public safety and national security and should be opposed by law makers."
Roddy D. Riggs