State money from the sale of bonds will fund more than $4.1 million in road and bike trail projects, along with replacing about $780,000 worth of windows at Southern Illinois University in Edwardsville.
The projects are part of Gov. Pat Quinn's $31 billion Illinois Jobs Now! program, which has funded capital projects for six years. The state sold $1.3 billion in bonds on Wednesday to continue the program.
The local projects announced Friday include:
* more than $2.3 million to resurface about 12 miles of Interstate 270 from east of Route 3 to half a mile east of Interstate 55/70 in Glen Carbon.
* more than $779,000 to replace windows at Southern Illinois University in Edwardsville in Dunham Hall, Rendelman Hall, Founders Hall and Alumni Hall.
* nearly $539,000 to paint a bridge carrying Route 159 over Interstate 64 in Fairview Heights.
* about $444,000 to construct a half-mile bike trail with pavement markings and culverts south of Route 161 to Centennial Park in Swansea.
* nearly $50,000 to demolish gas tanks at 1316 Vandalia Street in Collinsville.
* more than $20,000 to resurface an grade ditches along Interstate 270 about a mile west of Route 159 in Glen Carbon.
* about $19,000 to repair the shoulder of Interstate 55/70 about half a mile north of Route 157 in Collinsville.