LEBANON — McKendree University senior offensive lineman Richie Rebmann will be one of eight players from around the Great Lakes Valley Conference who will be featured at the "GLVC Football Kickoff 2013" event slated for July 31 at the University of Missouri-St. Louis.
The second annual event will be held at the Millennium Student Center and is scheduled to begin at 11 a.m.
Mike Babcock, who will be making his debut as the head football coach at McKendree in 2013, will also appear at the event. Babcock is the 17th head football coach in McKendree football history, and will lead the Bearcats onto the field for their season opener on Sept. 7 at home against Tiffin University.
The head coaches and one player from each of the eight football programs in the GLVC will take part in the 90-minute event, which will be used to help promote the conference's second season of competition. In addition to meeting members of the media who will be attending the GLVC Football Kickoff 2013, the coaches and players in attendance will be engaging fans through a variety of social media platforms.
A complete schedule of events for the GLVC Football Kickoff 2013 will be announced Wednesday.
Rebmann has been a starter in each of his first three seasons at McKendree, and was the Bearcats' starting left tackle in 2012. Rebmann earned honorable mention All-GLVC honors during McKendree's first year as league members, when the Bearcats limited opponents to just 16 quarterback sacks.
The list of coach and player representatives from each GLVC school will be as follows:
* Indianapolis: Head coach Bob Bartolomeo and quarterback Chris Mills.
* Kentucky Wesleyan: Head coach Brent Holsclaw and defensive back Cuda Dimmett.
* McKendree: Head coach Mike Babcock and offensive lineman Richie Rebmann.
* Missouri S & T: Head coach Tyler Fenwick and wide receiver Leon Moody.
* Quincy: Head coach Tom Pajic and defensive lineman Cory Connolly.
* Saint Joseph's: Head coach Cory Sanders and quarterback Billy VandeMerkt.
* Truman State: Head coach Gregg Nesbitt and defensive end Devin Gillespie.
* William Jewell: Head coach Jerod Kruse and quarterback Sean Shelton.