The Belleville Chamber of Commerce endorses the following road projects as a way to spur economic development:
* Expanding the current two-lane portions of Green Mount Road from two lanes to five lanes from Illinois 13/15 to Frank Scott Parkway East.
* Improving Frank Scott Parkway from Illinois 159 to North Green Mount Road.
* Extending Frank Scott Parkway East from Cross Street to Illinois 158 in Shiloh.
* Extending Illinois 158, also known as Air Mobility Drive, southwest to Illinois 13/15.
* An interchange planned for construction in 2014 at the intersection of Rieder Road and Interstate 64, including reconstructing Shiloh Valley Township Line Road.
* A passenger station in East St. Louis linking a high speed railroad from St. Louis to Chicago.
Long range projects
* Expanding the Belle Valley Industrial Park and extend the roadway from Illinois 177 to Illinois 13 and Illinois 15.
* Extending Tudor Piggott in East St. Louis to improve traffic flow.