Fire destroys Glen Carbon home

News-DemocratSeptember 12, 2013 


Firefighters were trying to put out hot spots in the aftermath of a large house fire Thursday morning in Glen Carbon and have not yet said what they believe started the blaze.

At about 6 a.m. the home on Rushmore street was fully involved with flames that stretched from end to end of the house shooting high into the air.

The residents of the home are reported to have escaped the blaze. But the house appeared to be a total loss. The roof collapsed and the first floor of the home fell into the basement.

While the people who lived in the house were believed to be in good condition after being treated on the scene for smoke inhalation, the family dog was believed to be trapped inside.

Belleville News-Democrat is pleased to provide this opportunity to share information, experiences and observations about what's in the news. Some of the comments may be reprinted elsewhere in the site or in the newspaper. We encourage lively, open debate on the issues of the day, and ask that you refrain from profanity, hate speech, personal comments and remarks that are off point. Thank you for taking the time to offer your thoughts.

Commenting FAQs | Terms of Service