The Brass Rail Players had some spooktacular fun at their Halloween Party & Trivia Night last weekend.
Rounds included Vampires and Zombies, Alfred Hitchcock Movies, Space Invaders, Bad Romance and Monsters and Mysteries.
Next up for the metro-east community theater group is "Sing and Swing," a benefit dinner-theater on Saturday, Nov. 2, to raise funds for the Fontebella Maternity Home in O'Fallon. The show, at Four Points by Sheraton in Fairview Heights, is a two-act musical revue featuring songs and dance from a bygone era. Tickets are $45.
For more information, contact Lynn Venhaus, the show's director. Email: email@example.com and 618-917-8175.
Now, see if you can scare up some answers to these questions.
1. In what novel do you find the "Headless Horseman"?
2. "The Secret of the Old Clock" is the first book in what mystery series?
3. What TV show is based on Charlaine Harris' series of Sookie Stackhouse books?
4. What is the name of the evil vampire rulers in "The Twilight Saga" -- "Twilight," "New Moon," "Eclipse," and "Breaking Dawn"?
5. Who wrote a series of novels about Lestat de Lioncourt, an 18th-century nobleman turned vampire?
6. The affair of Dan Gallagher and Alex Forrest ends badly in what popular psychological thriller?
7. In a French folktale, who is the aristocrat known for murdering his wives?
8. Lorena Bobbitt was prosecuted for attacking her husband in 1993. What was the verdict in her trial?
9. What is Clark Kent's birth name from his parents on the planet Krypton in "Superman"?
10. In how many "Alien" movies has Sigourney Weaver played Lt. Ellen Ripley?
11. In what movie is there a Remoonian alien known as Frank the Pug dog?
12. In the Saturday Night Live skit "The Coneheads," they come from the planet Remulak but where do they say they are from?
13. Alfred Hitchcock never won an Oscar, but one of his films did win Best Picture. Which one? (Hint: It was his first American movie)
14. In "North by Northwest," what U.S. monument is featured in the climactic finale?
15. What legendary magician was known as "The Handcuff King" early in his career?
16. In what children's museum can you find the Math Path, Backyard Magic and an Electro-Static generator?
17. In the magic act Penn and Teller, which one doesn't talk during the performances?
18. What are the five flavors of jellied candy in a Chuckles package?
19. What president's daughter is the candy bar Baby Ruth named after?
20. What candy's slogan is "Taste the Rainbow?"
1. "The Legend of Sleepy Hollow"
2. Nancy Drew
3. "True Blood"
5. Anne Rice
6. "Fatal Attraction"
8. Not guilty (by reason of insanity)
11. "Men in Black"
13. "Rebecca" (1940)
14. Mount Rushmore
15. Harry Houdini
16. The Magic House (in St. Louis)
18. Lime, lemon, orange, cherry and licorice
19. Grover Cleveland