* Belleville's 15th annual Veterans Day ceremony, 11 a.m. Monday, Veterans Memorial Monument on the downtown Public Square. Speaker: Col. Kyle J. Kremer, commander of the 375th Air Mobility Wing at Scott Air Force Base. All veterans, veterans groups and auxiliary members are invited to attend and be recognized. Patriotic songs by retired Master Sgt. Bob Ellison; bagpiper; bugler; honor guard from Scott AFB; American flag display.
* American Legion Post 485 and VFW Post 6368 will conduct a Veterans Day service at 11 a.m. Monday, 200 S. Fifth St. in Dupo.
* Veterans Day ceremony, 10 a.m. Monday, Passages Hospice is partnering with VFW Post 8677 to host the event at 5325 N. Illinois St. in Fairview Heights. Chaplain Kip Knavel will give the opening prayer and Fairview Heights Mayor Gail Mitchell is expected to attend. In addition, Passages Hospice is asking people to drop off non-perishable food items, clothing and business suits to support local veterans in need.
* Veterans Day service, noon Monday, outside Bothwell Chapel at McKendree University in Lebanon. It includes a guest speaker, patriotic music and the dedication of a monument to honor the 117th Illinois Volunteer Infantry Regiment. Names of fallen soldiers will be read.
* Veterans Day ceremony, 10 a.m. Monday in the auditorium at Mascoutah High School. The event is jointly sponsored by Mascoutah Mayor Jerry Daugherty and the Cadet Corps of the Mascoutah High School Air Force Junior ROTC. Retired Lt. Col. Rod French, 95, a B-17 Flying Fortress pilot in World War II, and Airman 1st Class Victoria Moore are the featured speakers.
* City of O'Fallon Veterans Day observance, 11 a.m. Monday at the Veterans Monument, 737 Wesley Drive. Speaker: Brig. Gen. Steven J. Arquiette. Other participants include the fifth-grade classes of O'Fallon District 90; O'Fallon Township High School Air Force Junior ROTC; VFW Post 805; retired Navy Cmdr. Michael Carnes, who served in Desert Storm; Miss O'Fallon Brittany Gray; and the Rev. Dr. Joel Catlin. Newly inscribed names of veterans will be announced. Bring lawn chairs.
Scott Air Force Base
* Scott VFW Post 4183 Veterans Day service, 9 a.m. Monday at Scott VFW Post 4183, 1516 Old State Route 158 (outside the Belleville Gate to Scott Air Force Base). Speaker: retired Air Force Col. Curtis O. Piontkowski. Refreshments will be served following the service.