Family in need of clothes after home damaged by smoke

News-DemocratJanuary 14, 2014 

Residents of a St. Clair County home damaged by smoke on Saturday are in need of new or gently used clothing.

The home of Sarah Shrout, on Schmidt Lane near Belleville, was damaged when a flame in the circuit box filled the home with smoke, according to Shrout's mother Madelle Dickerson.

No one was hurt but the family is in immediate need of new or gently used clothing in boys' size 7, girls' size 14-16 shirts and size 16 slim pants, girls' size 18 months, and men's size medium or size 31/31 pants.

Donations may be brought to Macke Senior Center, 815 N. Borders Ave. in Marissa.

Belleville News-Democrat is pleased to provide this opportunity to share information, experiences and observations about what's in the news. Some of the comments may be reprinted elsewhere in the site or in the newspaper. We encourage lively, open debate on the issues of the day, and ask that you refrain from profanity, hate speech, personal comments and remarks that are off point. Thank you for taking the time to offer your thoughts.

Commenting FAQs | Terms of Service