Saul Alinsky, community organizer extraordinaire, hero and role model to "Barry the Miserable" and mentor to Shrillary, proposed eight steps to create a socialist state.
* Health care (most important): Control health care and you control the people.
* Poverty: Increase the poverty level as high as possible poor people are easier to control and will not fight back if you are providing everything for them to live.
* Debt: Increase the debt to an unsustainable level. Then you are able to increase taxes, which in turn, will produce even more poverty.
* Gun control: Remove the ability to defend one-self from the government; that way you are able to create a police state.
* Welfare: Take control of every aspect of their lives (food, housing and income).
* Education: Take control of what people read and listen to; also control what children learn in school. Can anyone say common core?
* Religion: Remove the belief of God from the government and from schools.
* Class warfare: Divide the people into the wealthy and the poor. This will cause more discontent and it will be easier to take (Read: Tax) the wealthy with the support of the poor.
Does any of this sound familiar? Mark Twain once said, "It is easier to fool people than it is to convince them they have been fooled." Better wake up people.
Roddy D. Riggs