The St. Clair County Medical Society Alliance is seeking grant submissions from non-profit organizations based in St. Clair County.
The mission of the SCCMSA is to support the family of medicine and to work in collaboration with the St. Clair County Medical Society to enhance the health of the residents of St. Clair County through health education programs and projects, according to Becky McGrady, the organizations community health chairperson.
Requirements for grant submission:
* All applicants must be federally tax-exempt 501-c-3 non-profit organizations and able to provide documentation with the completed grant application.
* All applicants and programs must reside/take place in St. Clair County.
* All applicants and programs must further the healthcare goals of the SCCMSA.
* Grant recipients must provide a written report prior to September 1, 2014 with an update of their organizations use of the grant monies.
* All applicants will be notified by mail of the status of their grant request by April 15, 2014.
The SCCMSA is a philanthropic organization founded in 1931 as the St. Clair County Medical Society Auxiliary. In the 1990s the organization's name changed to the St. Clair County Medical Society Alliance. The volunteer organization of physician spouses has maintained its mission of supporting the families of physicians and providing and supporting health education programs throughout the county.
Each year grant money is awarded to non-profit organizations within St. Clair County which demonstrate goals consistent with those of the mission of the SCCMSA.