Family escapes from house chimney fire near Caseyville

News-DemocratJanuary 21, 2014 

A family escaped overnight from a house fire near Caseyville.

According to fire department reports, the blaze started at about midnight in a two-story home in the 1400 block of South Clinton Road.

Officials believe the fire started in the home's chimney.

Two adults and two children were at home when the fire started but were able to get out of the house unharmed.

Belleville News-Democrat is pleased to provide this opportunity to share information, experiences and observations about what's in the news. Some of the comments may be reprinted elsewhere in the site or in the newspaper. We encourage lively, open debate on the issues of the day, and ask that you refrain from profanity, hate speech, personal comments and remarks that are off point. Thank you for taking the time to offer your thoughts.

Commenting FAQs | Terms of Service