Snow, sleet, freezing rain in the forecast Friday

News-DemocratJanuary 30, 2014 

Another blast of winter weather is in the works for the metro-east this weekend.

The National Weather Service has issued a winter weather advisory for Friday and Saturday across the St. Louis region with a 40 percent chance of rain turning to snow during the daytime hours Friday and a 60 percent chance of freezing rain and sleet Friday night.

The high temperature will be 37 Friday and the low will drop to 30 overnight.

On Saturday there is a 70 percent chance of freezing rain and sleet with a high of 34.

According to the early forecast, the heaviest of the winter weather is expected to pass to the north of the St. Louis metropolitan area with most of the snowfall hitting central Illinois.

Most of the precipitation in the metro-east is expected to be ice and sleet that could glaze roadways and make travel hazardous.

Belleville News-Democrat is pleased to provide this opportunity to share information, experiences and observations about what's in the news. Some of the comments may be reprinted elsewhere in the site or in the newspaper. We encourage lively, open debate on the issues of the day, and ask that you refrain from profanity, hate speech, personal comments and remarks that are off point. Thank you for taking the time to offer your thoughts.

Commenting FAQs | Terms of Service