Absolutely not. Folks can pray in the privacy of their homes. In their secret prayer closets.
However we need to examine the government side of the coin. The separation of church and state.
* Voting places should never be allowed in a church building.
* Memorial services should never be permitted in churches.
* All donations by charitable church organizations must be rejected by the government.
* Churches must reject funerals for same-sex married partners.
* Churches should not conduct blood drives.
And, there are many more. It's time we cut the state loose and let it go it on its own.
Oh, yes, folks that use God's name in vain in a secular setting should be prosecuted.
William J. Sturm