Davil Ohl's Tomahawks baseball teams scored big last weekend when they hosted a trivia night at the American Legion Hall in Mascoutah.
Proceeds benefit the 14 and under and 12 and under boys teams.
Baseball players helped at the trivia night by picking up answer sheets and distributing mulligans. Some sat down and tried to answer the trivia questions.
"They got 23 right out of 100," said David, who coaches the teams.
Despite the cold weather, the boys are ready to play baseball.
"We were out playing a practice game on Saturday," said David, early in the week. "We're going to Jacksonville this weekend with the 14 and under."
His teams look "pretty good."
Their home field is at Mascoutah Middle School.
"The 14 and under team will play about 52 games," said David. "The 12 and younger will play about 40."
Want to help them out? Send a check made out to Tomahawks Baseball to 209 Biscayne Drive, Mascoutah, IL 62258.
Here's a sampling of their trivia night questions, including a few that feature their favorite sport.
1. Which New York Yankee was baseball's Rookie of the Year in 1996?
2. What famous disaster occurred the same week Fenway Park in Boston opened its gates for the first time?
3. Who was the first pitcher in Major League hsitory to throw seven no hitters during his career?
4. What character did Uma Thurman play in the 1997 movie, "Batman and Robin?"
5. What actress began her career as Wonder Girl and went on to receive three Academy Award nominations for movies such as "Terms of Endearment?"
6. With a record 22 titles, which band has won the most Grammy awards over the years?
7. True or false: A giraffe has the same number of bones in its neck as a mouse.
8. Name the two actors vying for Renee Zellweger's affections in the Bridget Jones movies?
9. "My Fair Lady" is based on which George Bernard Shaw play?
10. On what day of the week do the most traffic accidents occur?
11. What does the German word "Volkswagen" literally translate to in English?
12. Which Beach Boys' song has the line: "Well, she go her daddy's car, and she cruised through the hamburger stand now?"
13. Which football team, formed in 1960, was originally known as the Dallas Texans?
14. Name the last National Hockey League team to win two consecutive Stanley Cup championships.
15. What cartoon rock group dressed in cat suits and performed in outer space?
16. What Olympic event begins when a jury director orders "En garde?"
17. What Olympic field event involves performing a plant, hang, push-pull, handstand and release?
18. Who still holds the record of the longest hitting streak in baseball history, with 56 consecutive games?
19. What legendary ice hockey player was known as Mr. Hockey?
20. Which Peanuts characer is a baseball-playing tomboy who calls Charlie Brown "Chuck?"
1. Derek Jeter
2. The sinking of the Titanic (April 15, 1912)
3. Nolan Ryan
4. Poison Ivy (Dr. Pamela Isley)
5. Debra Winger
8. Hugh Grant and Colin Firth
11. People's car
12. "Fun, Fun, Fun"
13. Kansas City Chiefs
14. The Detroit Red Wings (1996-97 and 1997-98)
15. Josie and the Pussycats
17. The pole vault
18. Joe DiMaggio
19. Gordie Howe
20. Peppermint Patty