* The following local students were named to the dean's list for the fall semester 2013 at MacMurray College in Jacksonville: Mellissa Hipskind of Belleville and Joseph Legendre of Collinsville. Melissa is a 2010 graduate of O'Fallon Township High School and the daughter of David Hipskind of Belleville and DiAnn Hipskind of O'Fallon, and Joseph is the son of Joe Legendre of Collinsville and Patricia Platz of Fairmont City.
* Shawn Matthew Cable of Millstadt was named to the dean's list for the fall semester 2013 at Baylor University in Waco, Texas.
* Stephanie L. Mueller of Columbia was named to the honor's list for the fall semester 2013 at Southeastern Louisiana University in Hammond, La.
* Sierrah Rose OldenKamp of Highland was named to the dean's list for the fall semester 2013 at Seattle Pacific University in Seattle, Wash.
* Larry Hermes of Belleville was named to the dean's list for the fall semester 2013 at Ashford University in San Diego, Calif.
* The following local students were named to the fall 2013 honor roll lists at Southwest Baptist University in Bolivar, Mo.:
Belleville: Trinity Griffin, Kalie Vyers, Jonathan Brant
Fairview Heights: Paul Kramer
Lebanon: Hilary Bodiford
O'Fallon: Matthew Shaffer, Hannah Christ, Jarrett Munton
Summerfield: Sean Bates
* Benjamin Scanlan of Freeburg and Devin Rode of Highland were named to the dean's list for the fall semester 2013 at Linn State Technical College in Linn, Mo.
* Andrew Gary Hoelscher of O'Fallon was named to the dean's list for the fall semester 2013 at Norwich University in Northfield, Vt.
* Brittany Hodge of Swansea was named to the dean's list for the fall semester 2013 at Carroll University in Waukesha, Wis. Brittany is a 2013 graduate of Belleville East High School.
* Alexandria (Lexi) Dunnells was named to the dean's list for the fall semester 2013 at Pennsylvania State University. Alexandria is the daughter of Patrick and Cheryl (Pfefferle) of O'Fallon and the granddaughter of Mary and Dean Pfefferle of Fremont, Ohio.
* Zackery Dunnells was named to the dean's list for the fall semester 2013 at Ohio State University. Zachary is the son of Patrick and Cheryl (Pfefferle) of O'Fallon and the grandson of Mary and Dean Pfefferle of Fremont, Ohio.
Campus news: Academic achievements
* Amber Rigsby of East St. Louis was recently awarded the Carolyn Kluesner Modglin Memorial Scholarship by Eastern Illinois University. Amber, who is a graduate student, is the daughter of Mary and Robert Rigsby.
* More than 6,500 academic scholarships have been awarded to Kansas State University students for the 2013-2014 school year. Phillip Martinez of Belleville received the Memorial Scholarship; Kiana Stewart of Shiloh was awarded the Denison Scholarship; and Hannah Quernheim of Waterloo received the Leslie E. and Stella M. Ellithorpe Student Research Award in human ecology.
* Demetrius Bush, a Cahokia resident and Greenville College student, and Angela Jordan, a Wood River resident and Southern Illinois University Edwardsville student, were selected as a Mary T. Washington Wylie Scholar by the Illinois CPA Society.
* The following local students graduated from Greenville College in December 2013:
Alhambra: Alexandra Brandt
Alton: Matthew Augenbaugh
Belleville: Ashley Crompton,Erica Siddle, Junada Wilbourn
Breese: Nicholas Pruitt
Cahokia: Lloyd Nicks
Collinsville: Angie Abernathy,Stacy Hartle
Columbia: Jeanne Borgschulte, Seth McClanahan
Edwardsville: Whitney Seymore
Freeburg: Haley Fahrner
Glen Carbon: Jacob Foster
Godfrey: Jennifer Buente, Casey Evans, Misty Yount
Granite City: Christina Strack
Smithton: Kelly Schaaf
Troy: Katelin Cange
Wood River:Lauren Claytor
* Rebecca Elizabeth Danielson of Fairview Heights has graduated from Baker College with a bachelor's in business administration.
* Latonya Waller of Fairview Heights has graduated from Stephen F. Austin University in Nacogdoches, Texas, with a bachelor's degree in child development and family living.