The Little Devils had a little fun with trivia last weekend.
The youth sports organization, founded in 1958, provides children ages 5 to 14 a chance to learn how to play football as well as chearleading and wrestling.
"We are a nonprofit organization, so every penny we raise goes toward equipment, uniforms, grounds keeping and other expenses involved in running a program of this size," said Justin Royer, assistant coach and board member.
He was a Little Devil when he was 12 and 13.
"Now, I'm the proud father of two Devils football players and wrestlers (Tyler and Riley, both students at Union Elementary in Belleville)," he said. "We have anywhere from 150 to 250 football players every year with almost 100 cheerleaders. This past season, we had 36 wrestlers. Both boys and girls are welcome to wrestle."
To make a donation to the club, go to the Little Devils website at www.bellevillelittledevils.com.
"Also, we will have early registration for the upcoming football/cheerleading season on Saturday, May 3, at our all- purpose building located in Citizens Park," said Justin. Details, including fees and directions, can be found on the website.
Here are trivia questions from their Belleville category, St. Louis Sports category, a couple from One Hit Wonders, and, of course, some from the Devils round.
1. On January 26, 1995, the St. Louis Blues played their first game at the Kiel Center. Who scored the first Blues goal in the new building?
2. In 1945, the St. Louis Browns had an outfielder who had only one arm. He played in 77 games that season. Who was this player?
3. Who was the St. Louis Rams' first head coach?
4. The Blues retired jersey No. 3 after this player passed away in a motorcycle accident.
5. What popular candy company was founded in Belleville in 1868?
6. What was the first newspaper in St. Clair County, which was purchased by the Belleville News Democrat in 1958?
7. Fifty years ago, Jean Nidetch lost 72 pounds and started this company which uses her methods. What is the name of the company?
8. Where in the Belleville area would you find the Dr. Tom Dooley Center?
9. "Belleville" comes from a French term meaning what?
10. Name Belleville's sister city.
11. What one-hit wonder performed the 1955 tune "Earth Angel (Will You Be Mine)?"
12. Who was in disguise (with glasses) in John Fred and His Playboy Band's 1968 hit?
13. What song contains this lyric: "Johnny, rosin up your bow and play your fiddle hard"?
14. Name the official mascot of Arizona State University.
15. Name the 1963 Beatles tune that was originally recorded by the girl group, the Donays.
1. Craig Johnson
2. Pete Gray
3. Rich Brooks
4. Bob Gassoff
5. Jelly Belly
6. Daily Advocate
7. Weight Watchers
8. National Shrine of Our Lady of the Snows
9. Beautiful city
10. Paderborn, Germany
11. The Penguins
13. "The Devil Went Down to Georgia"
14. Sparky the Sun Devil
15. "The Devil in Her Heart"