Lightning is blamed for starting a fire that caused a Swansea retirement home to be evacuated Sunday.
According to fire department reports, about 90 residents of the Grand Manor home at 58 Frank Scott Parkway East were forced to evacuate the residence at just before 1 p.m.
Residents heard a loud boom and then the fire alarm sounded.
The strike caused a hole in the roof and ignited a small fire in the attic. Firefighters were able to contain the flames, and all the residents except for one were able to return to their rooms. That room had smoke and fire damage.
The residents later were allowed to return to their apartments.