Warm days ahead, but storms in the forecast later in the week

News-DemocratMay 6, 2014 

More unseasonably warm and mostly sunny weather is on the way Tuesday for the metro-east.

According to the National Weather Service, the high temperature will be 87 degrees. That's 13 degrees above the typical high temperature for May 6 in the St. Louis area. The all-time high for the date is 92 degrees set in 2012.

The forecast is the same for Wednesday with a high of 87 and partly sunny skies predicted. But things could change dramatically Thursday.

There is a 30 percent chance of thunderstorms during the daytime hours and a 70 percent chance in the evening. The high will be 83 on Thursday and 77 on Friday when there will be a 50 percent chance of thunderstorms.

Belleville News-Democrat is pleased to provide this opportunity to share information, experiences and observations about what's in the news. Some of the comments may be reprinted elsewhere in the site or in the newspaper. We encourage lively, open debate on the issues of the day, and ask that you refrain from profanity, hate speech, personal comments and remarks that are off point. Thank you for taking the time to offer your thoughts.

Commenting FAQs | Terms of Service