Off the beat: Prom king killed by caffeine overdose

July 7, 2014 

An 18-year-old Ohio prom king died just a week before graduation, and WKYC reports that toxicology results reveal an unlikely culprit in his death: caffeine poisoning.

Logan Stiner of LaGrange had apparently ingested caffeine powder and died after suffering an irregular heartbeat and seizures.

The top student and star wrestler had gone home for lunch on May 27; his brother later found him on the floor, reports ABC 10.

More on Logan Stiner's story here.

Belleville News-Democrat is pleased to provide this opportunity to share information, experiences and observations about what's in the news. Some of the comments may be reprinted elsewhere in the site or in the newspaper. We encourage lively, open debate on the issues of the day, and ask that you refrain from profanity, hate speech, personal comments and remarks that are off point. Thank you for taking the time to offer your thoughts.

Commenting FAQs | Terms of Service