Residents escape as home burns near Belleville

News-DemocratJuly 7, 2014 

No one was injured early Monday in a fire that seriously damaged a home in unincorporated Belleville.

The blaze started at about 2:14 a.m. in a bedroom of a house at 302 Berkshire Drive, according to Northwest Fire Protection District Chief Dennis Oaks. The Villa Hills Fire Department assisted in extinguishing the flames.

"A gentleman and his son lived there," Oaks said. "They were able to escape without injury. It's repairable, although the fire burned through the roof. We don't have a cause at this point."

The Red Cross has provided assistance to the displaced residents while their home is repaired.

Belleville News-Democrat is pleased to provide this opportunity to share information, experiences and observations about what's in the news. Some of the comments may be reprinted elsewhere in the site or in the newspaper. We encourage lively, open debate on the issues of the day, and ask that you refrain from profanity, hate speech, personal comments and remarks that are off point. Thank you for taking the time to offer your thoughts.

Commenting FAQs | Terms of Service