Police: 2 dead from carbon monoxide in Saginaw

The Associated PressJuly 17, 2014 

— Police say two people have died of carbon monoxide poisoning at a Saginaw home.

A Saginaw police detective says autopsies were performed Wednesday on 54-year-old Yvonne Mallett and 58-year-old Napoleon Buford Jr. Police found Mallett dead in a bedroom and Buford dead in a bathroom Monday night. They determined no foul play had occurred.

The source of the carbon monoxide hasn't been identified. Police say the house smelled of gasoline.

A city inspector tells the Saginaw News that the city issued violations in March to the owner and previous owner of the north side house. Violations included a furnace not working, electrical outlet issues, missing smoke detectors and an extension cord problem.

The inspector says the city condemned the building on April 1.

Belleville News-Democrat is pleased to provide this opportunity to share information, experiences and observations about what's in the news. Some of the comments may be reprinted elsewhere in the site or in the newspaper. We encourage lively, open debate on the issues of the day, and ask that you refrain from profanity, hate speech, personal comments and remarks that are off point. Thank you for taking the time to offer your thoughts.

Commenting FAQs | Terms of Service