- Music in New Memphis — 8:30 p.m.-12:30 a.m.; Friday-Saturday, Sit “N” Bull Saloon, 31 S. Mill St., New Memphis. Free. Featuring Razed On Radio on Friday; Mars Needs Guitars on Saturday.
- Let’s Go Fishing Show — 11 a.m.-8 p.m. Friday; 9 a.m.-7 p.m. Saturday; 10 a.m.-4 p.m. Sunday, Gateway Center, Collinsville. 100-plus fishing vendors and 30-plus free seminars, prizes, live fishing pond, boat dealers, beer garden, children’s activities. Tickets: $7 adults; $3.50 (6-15) with paid adult admission; free children (5 & under). On Friday, seniors age 60 plus, admitted for $5. Parking is free. www.letsgoshows.com.
- Vendor/Craft Fair — Noon-4 p.m. Saturday, American Legion Post 365, 1022 Vandalia St., Collinsville. Quarter auction begins at 1 p.m. Proceeds to benefit Mission of Moms (MOM) to support U.S. troops. 50/50 ticket raffles and head/tails game. Free. Information: www.facebook.com/vendorcraftfairactivities
- Eagel Meet and Greet — 10 a.m.-2 p.m. Saturday, Alton Visitor Center, 200 Piasa St., Alton. See a live American Bald Eagle up close and in its natural habitat in Alton, Godfrey, Grafton and Calhoun County. Information: 800-258-6645.
- Eagle Shuttle Tours — 10:30, 11:15, 11:30 a.m.; 12:15, 12:30, 1:15, 1:30, 2:15 p.m. Saturday, Alton Visitor Center, 200 Piasa St., Alton. Pick up will be at the Audubon Center with stops scheduled for Maple Island, Heron Pond, Ellis Island and at the Alton Visitor Center. The shuttle will return to the Audubon Center for dropoff. Admission: $5 per person. Information: 800-258-6645.
- Itchy Brothers Chainsaw Art — 10 a.m.-4 p.m. Saturday, Lewis & Clark Confluence Tower, 435 Confluence Tower Drive, Hartford. Gates open at 9:30 a.m Watch Luke Harris and Don Johnson create bald eagles from wood, using their chainsaws. There will be pieces of finished wood sculptures available for sale.
- Live Bald Eagles — 10 a.m.-2 p.m. Saturday-Sunday, TreeHouse Wildlife Center, 23956 Green Acres Road, Dow. Free admission. Donations accepted. Information: 618-466-2990.
- Audubon Center Birds of Winter — 10 a.m.-2 p.m. Saturday-Sunday, Audubon Center at Riverlands, 301 Riverlands Way, West Alton, Mo. Join us at the Audubon Center at Riverlands, located inside the Riverlands Migratory Bird Sancturay for wildlife viewing. Bald eagles, trumpeter swans and ducks call Riverlands home during the winter. Information: 636-899-0090.
- 5K, 10K Group Walk — 10 a.m. Tuesday, YMCA, 284 N. 7 Hills Road, O’Fallon. Sponsored by Illinois Trekkers. Registration at 9:45 a.m. $3 fee for all participants. The trail will allow you to see the business district, some unique homes and Veteran’s Memorial. Information: email@example.com
- Welcome in the New Year Luncheon — 10 a.m.-noon Wednesday, Bellecourt Place, 120 N. Jackson St., Belleville. Featuring fun and games. Speaker: Susan Frasch, of O’Fallon, Mo., will share “A Cow Girl’s Tale of Two Horses.” Cost: $12 inclusive. Reservations and cancellations essential by calling Sue, 618-398-0772 or bellevilleCWCluncheon@hotmail.com. Sponsored by Belleville Metro East Christian Women’s Club.
- Madison County History — regular hours 9 a.m.-4 p.m. Wednesday through Friday, 1-4 p.m. Sunday, Madison County Historical Museum, 715 N. Main St., Edwardsville. Exhibits include Centennial of the Madison County Court House, fallout shelter emergency kit from the 1960s, City Beautiful Movement in Madison County, and a dolls of the past exhibit.
- Aviston Fish & Chicken Fry — 4:30-7 p.m. Friday, American Legion Post 1239, 601 S. Clinton St., Aviston. Eat in or carry out. 618-228-7311.
- Caseyville Fish Fry — 4-7 p.m. Friday, Caseyville VFW Post 1117, 415 N. Long, Caseyville. Fish plates, desserts, sandwiches, burgers and more.
- Collinsville Fish Fry — 3-8 p.m. Friday, Collinsville VFW Post 5691, 1234 Vandalia, Collinsville. Eat in or carry out. Cod, catfish fillets, Tilapia, sides.
- Collinsville Fish Fry — 3-8 p.m. Friday, Collinsville American Legion, 1022 Vandalia St., Collinsville. North Atlantic cod, whole catfish, Cajun cut-ups, crab cakes, sides, desserts. Information: 618-345-2508.
- Collinsville Fish Fry — 4-7:30 p.m. Friday, Knights of Columbus Hall, Illinois 157, Collinsville. Eat in or carry out. Fried/baked cod, catfish, sides. Senior plate starting at $4.99. 618-345-1492.
- Fairview Heights Fish Fry — 3-8 p.m. Friday, Knights of Columbus Hall, 5420 Old Collinsville Road. Walton’s Fish Fry. Serving jack salmon and wild-caught grilled salmon. Homemade desserts. Carryouts: 618-632-5222.
- Granite City Fish Fry — 4-7 p.m. Friday, St. Elizabeth Church, Granite City. Cod, catfish, pollock, Jack Salmon, shrimp. Eat in or carry out.
- Highland Fish Fry — 4-7:30 p.m. Friday, VFW Post 5694, 1900 VFW Road, Highland. Eat in or carry out. 618-654-6367.
- Mascoutah Fish Fry — 5-8 p.m. Friday, Mascoutah VFW Post 7682, 620 Donaphan St., Mascoutah. Dine in or carry out. 618-566-2288.
- Millstadt Fish Fry — 11 a.m.-2 p.m., 4-8 p.m. Friday, Millstadt VFW Post, 200 Veterans Drive, Millstadt.
- Millstadt Fish Fry — 4-8 p.m. Friday, Millstadt Sportsmen’s Club, 4915 Schmidt Lane, Millstadt. Cod, shrimp, walleye, desserts. Carry-outs available at 618-476-1891
- O’Fallon Fish Fry — 4-8 p.m. Friday, Knights of Columbus Hall, 402 E. U.S. 50, O’Fallon. Sponsored by KC and Ladies Auxiliary. Cod and bluegill, burgers, hotdogs, sides. Eat in or carry out. 618-632-6229.
- O’Fallon Fish Fry — 4-8 p.m. Friday, VFW Post 805, 221 W. First St., O’Fallon. Sponsored by Sgt. Charles A. Fricke VFW Post 805 and Ladies Auxiliary. Fried and grilled fish and chicken, homemade sides and desserts. Children’s menu. To-go orders delivered to car. 618-624-2651.
- O’Fallon Fish & Chicken Fry — 5-8 p.m. every Friday, O’Fallon American Legion, 109 N. Penn, O’Fallon. Carryouts available. 618-632-8879.
- Okawville Fish Fry — 5-8 p.m. Friday, American Legion Post 233, 205 N. Hanover St., Okawville. Eat in or carry out. 618-243-5528.
- Quail Club Fish Fry — 5-8 p.m. Friday, Quail Club, 8303 Concordia Church Road, Belleville. Cod, walleye, shrimp, wings, burgers, sides, desserts. Carry outs available. No phone orders.
- Scott VFW Fish Fry — 5-9 p.m. Friday, Scott VFW Post 4183, Belleville. Carryouts available. Order ahead: 618-746-9801. DJ, 8-1 p.m.
- Shiloh Fish Fry — 5-8 p.m. Friday, 100 Eagle Drive, Shiloh. Sponsored by Eagles No. 545. Cod, Walleye, shrimp, chicken strip plates. Eat in or carry out. 618-624-5412.
- Swansea Fish Fry — 11 a.m.-8 p.m. Friday-Saturday, Swansea Fish Stand, 216 Service St., Swansea. Cod, walleye, shrimp. 618-222-7171.
- Troy VFW Fish Fry — 4-8 p.m. Friday, Troy VFW Post 976 and Ladies Auxiliary, 123-A W. Market St., Troy. Choice of cod, catfish, jack salmon, baked fish, chicken strips, shrimp. Dinners include bread and choice of two sides. Dine in or carry out. 618-667-8387.
- Barbecue and Bake Sale — 11 a.m.-3 p.m. Friday; 11 a.m.-7 p.m. Saturday, St. Stephen Voigt Hall, 901 S. Main (Illinois 157), Caseyville. Sponsored by St. Stephen Catholic Church Men’s Club and St. Stephen Youth Group. Friday, pork steak sandwiches and plates; Saturday, barbecue ribs, pork steaks, chicken, brats, hot dogs, hamburgers. Side orders: Baked beans, cole slaw, potato salad, desserts. Carry out or eat in. Telephone orders: 618-398-9928.
- Walton’s Chicken Dinner — 4-7 p.m. Tuesday, Knights of Columbus Hall, 5420 Old Collinsville Road, Fairview Heights. Homemade desserts. For carryouts call 618-632-5222.
- Fried Chicken — 4-8 p.m. Wednesday, Millstadt VFW Post, 200 Veterans Drive, Millstadt. All you can eat. Adults $10; $8 seniors; $5 children (12 and younger). Sponsored by Millstadt VFW Post. 22.
- Cribbage — 6:30 p.m. Thursday, Knights of Columbus Hall, 1 Columbus Drive, Collinsville. Nine games against nine different opponents. Information: Phil at 618-288-7910 or Yvonne at 618-344-1521.
- Euchre Tournament — 1:30 p.m. Sunday, St. Pancratius Church, 2213 N. 2nd St., Mascoutah. Cost: $5 per player. Information: 618-791-5705.
- Cribbage — 7 p.m. Tuesday, Camelot Bowl, 801 Beltline Road, Collinsville. New players wanted. Information: Yvonne, 618-344-1521 or Phillip, 618-288-7910.
- Buck-A-Bag Sale — 8 a.m.-noon Friday, Freeburg Food and Clothing Bank, 8 N. Belleville St., Freeburg. Men’s, women’s, children’s clothing and shoes $1 per bag. Also toys, books, stuffed animals and household items. Information: 618-539-5070.
- Rifle Shoot — 10 a.m.-noon Sunday, Millstadt Sportsmen’s Club, 4915 Schmidt Lane, Millstadt. Indoor .22 rifles. Iron sights only. Refreshments available.
- Meat Shoot — noon Sunday, American Legion Post 1255, 201 Eiler Road, Belleville. Shoot rounds, wheel rounds, raffles, attendance prizes. Free food.
How to send your event
- Deadline: noon Monday. What’s Happening runs events happening from Thursday though the next Wednesday in Thursday’s Lifestyle section.
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Fax: 618-236-9773
- Mail: What’s Happening, c/o Lifestyle, 120 S. Illinois St., P.O. Box 427, Belleville, IL 62222-0427.
- Information: call 618-239-2537.
- Please include: Event, time, date, location, admission cost and special features. Also, a daytime phone number we can contact if we need more information.