- New Memphis — 8:30 p.m.-12:30 a.m. Friday-Saturday, Sit “N” Bull Saloon, 31 S. Mill St., New Memphis. Free. Featuring American Originals on Friday; Stan Denton & The Wanted on Saturday.
- Memories of Elvis — 7:30 p.m. Saturday, CK&Lof I, 2800 N. Illinois St., Swansea. Tickets: $30 in advance (618-235-0498), $35 at the door includes food, soda and beer from 6:30 to 7:15 p.m. Doors open at 6 p.m. Sponsored by the Optimist Club of Belleville. Starring Steve Davis and The MidSouth Revival Band. Special appearances by Patsy Cline (Anna Blair) and Buddy Holly (Thomas Hickey). Silent and oral auction, 50/50 raffle, cash bar. Proceeds to benefit Optimist Youth Programs.
- MUSIC Swing Dance Club — Lessons 7:15-8 p.m., open dancing 8-10 p.m. Thursday, Wild Country, 17 Gateway Drive, Collinsville. Free lessons in Imperial Swing, Stationary Cha-Cha. Doors open at 7 p.m. Giveaways. Information: www.musicswingdance.com.
Never miss a local story.
- Martin Luther King Jr. Observace — 11 a.m.-12:15 p.m. Thursday, Southwestern Illinois College Belleville Campus Main Complex Theatre, 2500 Carlyle Ave., Belleville. Free. Featuring Charles L. Alphin Jr., president of the Building Life Foundations Nonviolence Center in St. Louis. Sponsored by SWIC Diversity & Inclusion Committee. Information: Jeff Blue, 618-235-2700 ext. 5442.
- Mouse Races — 7 p.m. Saturday, Knights of Columbus Hall, 5420 Old Collinsville Road, Fairview Heights. Doors open at 6 p.m. Admission: $15 adults, $5 children, includes beer and soda. Raffle, silent auction. Sponsored by The O’Fallon Kiwanis Club and the O’Fallon Masonic Lodge.
- Eagle Shuttle Tours — 10:30-11:15 a.m., 11:30 a.m.-12:15 p.m., 12:30-1:15 p.m., 1:30-2:15 p.m. Saturday, Alton Visitor Center, 200 Piasa St., Alton. Pickup will be at the Audubon Center with stops scheduled for Maple Island, Heron Pond, Ellis Island and at the Alton Visitor Center. The shuttle will return to the Audubon Center for drop off. $5 per person. Information: 800-258-6645.
- Quarter Auction — 7 p.m. Saturday, Scottish Rite Bodies, 1549 Frank Scott Parkway West, Belleville. Doors open 6:30 p.m. Free admission. Rent a paddle at $5 each. Bring your own snacks and rolls of quarters. Hamburgers, hotdogs and French fries available for sale; no outside drinks. Door prizes. Benefiting Children’s Dyslexia Center-Southern Illinois.
- Dave Merritt Photo Workshop — 1-2 p.m. Saturday, Lewis & Clark Confluence Tower, Hartford. Gates open at 9:30 a.m. Join local photographer Dave Merritt as he explains how to take great outdoor photographs. Learn new tips and techniques and then take a tour of the Tower to try out your new skills.
- Art of Fontier Life — 10 a.m.-noon and 2-4 p.m. Saturday, Fort de Chartres State Historic Site, 1350 Illinois Route 155, 4 miles west of Prairie du Rocher. Mooneyhan McClelland will demonstrate methods used 250 years ago to sew on buttons and patches from 10 a.m. to noon; from 2 to 4 p.m., she’ll show basic sewing stitches, including the running back stitch, spaced back stitch and hem/whip. Scrap fabric, thread, needles and buttons will be provided. Anyone interested in joining the free session should contact David Schultz, email@example.com, 618-284-7230. Sponsored by Les Amis du Fort de Chartres.
- 5K-10K Edwardsville Walk — 9:15 a.m. Saturday, Edwardsville Public Library, 112 S. Kansas St., Edwardsville. Register at 9 a.m. $3 fee for all participants. Hosted by The Illinois Trekkers Volkssport Club. Information: Trudy, firstname.lastname@example.org, www.illinois-trekkers.org.
- Mardi Gras Party — 7 p.m. Saturday, Quail Club, 8303 Concordia Road, Belleville. Doors open at 6 p.m. Cajun buffet. Information: 618-234-3719 or 618-476-1024.
- Audubon Center Birds of Winter — 10 a.m.-2 p.m. Saturday-Sunday, Audubon Center at Riverlands, 301 Riverlands Way, West Alton, Mo. See bald eagles, trumpeter swans and ducks that call Riverlands home during the winter. Information: 636-899-0090.
- Bald Eagle Festival — 11 a.m.-3 p.m. Sunday, Pere Marquette Lodge, 13653 Lodge Blvd., Grafton. Educational exhibits, vendor booths, face painting, live restaurant, winery. Admission is free. Masters of the Sky Show, featuring a bald eagle and other birds of prey, at 11 a.m., 1 and 3 p.m., $3 per person. Music by Smokin Oldies. Information: 618-786-2331, www.pmlodge.net.
- Schmidt Art Center — Through Feb. 25, Southwestern Illinois College, 2500 Carlyle Ave., Belleville. “Function & Ceremony: The Art of Melanesia” includes treasures from the college’s permanent collection of objects from Papua New Guinea, including costumes, masks, canoe prows, spirit boards and food bowls. “Smile Like You Mean It” includes paintings by Paula Haniszewski, chairman of the SWIC Art Department. “Zen and the Art of Typewriter Tim” features the art of Tim Jordan, who incorporates typewriters and typewriter parts into his art.
- “The Other Family: Indentured Servants at Stephenson House” — 10 a.m.-3 p.m. Saturdays; noon-3 p.m. Sundays during February, Stephenson House, 409 S. Buchanan St., Edwardsville. Admission: $6 adults, $3 children (6-12), free (under 5). Learn about slavery in Illinois and the servants living at Stephenson house, read copies of runaway ads placed in area newspapers from 1817-1822 and participate in hands-on-activities. Information: 618-692-1818 or www.stephensonhouse.org.
- Spay-ghetti Dinner — 4-8 p.m. Thursday, Swansea Improvement Center, 301 Service St., Swansea. Dinner includes one dinner plate of spaghetti with meat sauce or marinara, small salad, bread sticks, desserts available. Cost: $8 adults, $4 children (3-12), free (under 3). Sponsored by The Four Hearts Foundation along with Belleville Area Humane Society. Proceeds will help fund low-cost spaying and neutering within the community. Dine in or carry out.
- Aviston Fish & Chicken Fry — 4:30-7 p.m. Friday, American Legion Post 1239, 601 S. Clinton St., Aviston. Eat in or carry out. 618-228-7311.
- Caseyville Fish Fry — 4-7 p.m. Friday, Caseyville VFW Post 1117, 415 N. Long, Caseyville. Fish plates, desserts, sandwiches, burgers and more.
- Collinsville Fish Fry — 3-8 p.m. Friday, Collinsville VFW Post 5691, 1234 Vandalia, Collinsville. Eat in or carry out. Cod, catfish fillets, Tilapia, sides.
- Collinsville Fish Fry — 3-8 p.m. Friday, Collinsville American Legion, 1022 Vandalia St., Collinsville. North Atlantic cod, whole catfish, Cajun cut-ups, crab cakes, sides, desserts. Information: 618-345-2508.
- Collinsville Fish Fry — 4-7:30 p.m. Friday, Knights of Columbus Hall, Illinois 157, Collinsville. Eat in or carry out. Fried/baked cod, catfish, sides. Senior plate starting at $4.99. 618-345-1492.
- Fairview Heights Fish Fry — 3-8 p.m. Friday, Knights of Columbus Hall, 5420 Old Collinsville Road. Walton’s Fish Fry. Serving jack salmon and wild-caught grilled salmon. Homemade desserts. Carryouts: 618-632-5222.
- Highland Fish Fry — 4-7:30 p.m. Friday, VFW Post 5694, 1900 VFW Road, Highland. Eat in or carry out. 618-654-6367.
- Mascoutah Fish Fry — 5-8 p.m. Friday, Mascoutah VFW Post 7682, 620 Donaphan St., Mascoutah. Dine in or carry out. 618-566-2288.
- Mascoutah Fish Fry — 5-8 p.m. Friday, Mascoutah VFW Post 7682, 620 Donaphan St., Mascoutah. Dine in or carry out. 618-566-2288.
- Millstadt Fish Fry — 11 a.m.-2 p.m., 4-8 p.m. Friday, Millstadt VFW Post, 200 Veterans Drive, Millstadt.
- Millstadt Fish Fry — 4-8 p.m. Friday, Millstadt Sportsmen’s Club, 4915 Schmidt Lane, Millstadt. Cod, shrimp, walleye, desserts. Carry-outs available at 618-476-1891.
- O’Fallon Fish Fry — 4-8 p.m. Friday, Knights of Columbus Hall, 402 E. U.S. 50, O’Fallon. Sponsored by KC and Ladies Auxiliary. Cod and bluegill, burgers, hotdogs, sides. Eat in or carry out. 618-632-6229.
- O’Fallon Fish Fry — 4-8 p.m. Friday, VFW Post 805, 221 W. First St., O’Fallon. Sponsored by Sgt. Charles A. Fricke VFW Post 805 and Ladies Auxiliary. Fried and grilled fish and chicken, homemade sides and desserts. Children’s menu. To-go orders delivered to car. 618-624-2651.
- O’Fallon Fish & Chicken Fry — 5-8 p.m. every Friday, O’Fallon American Legion, 109 N. Penn, O’Fallon. Carryouts available. 618-632-8879.
- Okawville Fish Fry — 5-8 p.m. Friday, American Legion Post 233, 205 N. Hanover St., Okawville. Eat in or carry out. 618-243-5528.
- Scott VFW Fish Fry — 5-9 p.m. Friday, Scott VFW Post 4183, Belleville. Carryouts available. Order ahead: 618-746-9801. DJ, 8-1 p.m.
- Shiloh Fish Fry — 5-8 p.m. Friday, 100 Eagle Drive, Shiloh. Sponsored by Eagles No. 545. Cod, Walleye, shrimp, chicken strip plates. Eat in or carry out. 618-624-5412.
- Summerfield Fish Fry — 5:30-8 p.m. Friday, Summerfield Lions Club, 100 E. Park St., Summerfield. 618-934-3841jor 618-334-3177.
- Swansea Fish Fry — 11 a.m.-8 p.m. Friday-Saturday, Swansea Fish Stand, 216 Service St., Swansea. Cod, walleye, shrimp. 618-222-7171.
- Troy VFW Fish Fry — 4-8 p.m. Friday, Troy VFW Post 976 and Ladies Auxiliary, 123-A W. Market St., Troy. Choice of cod, catfish, jack salmon, baked fish, chicken strips, shrimp. Dinners include bread and choice of two sides. Dine in or carry out. 618-667-8387.
- Lebanon Pasta Dinner — 3-7 p.m. Saturday, Lebanon High School Commons. Presented by Lebanon Band Boosters. Choice of sauce and pasta with salad and roll. Adult, $7; child, $4. Stay to see the band perform at the boys basketball game.
- Sausage Supper — 2:30-8 p.m. Saturday, Salem United Church of Christ, 1117 W. North St., Alhambra. All-you-can-eat pork sausage, sauerkraut, mashed potatoes, gravy, green beans, bread, applesauce, dessert, coffee, milk. Advanced sausage orders by calling 618-448-3733 or email@example.com. Price: $10 adults, $5 children (5-10), free children (4 & under). Carryouts adult price only.
- Soup and Bread Dinner — 11 a.m.-4 p.m. Saturday, Fellowship Hall, lower level, New Bethel United Methodist Church, 131 N. Main St., Glen Carbon. All-you-care-to-eat homemade soup and bread. Tickets: $7 adults, $4 children (5-12), free (under 5). Country Market with baked goods. Information: 618-288-5700.
- Z Team Chili Fundraiser — 11 a.m.-2 p.m. (or until sold out) Sunday, Zion Evangelical Church, 117 W. White St., Millstadt. Proceeds to benefit Zion. Information: 618-476-1778.
- Walton’s Chicken Dinner — 4-7 p.m. Tuesday, Knights of Columbus Hall, 5420 Old Collinsville Road, Fairview Heights. Homemade desserts. For carryouts call 618-632-5222.
- Fried Chicken — 4-8 p.m. Wednesday, Millstadt VFW Post, 200 Veterans Drive, Millstadt. All you can eat. Adults $10; $8 seniors; $5 children (12 and younger). Sponsored by Millstadt VFW Post. 22.
- Cribbage — 6:30 p.m. Thursday, Knights of Columbus Hall, 1 Columbus Drive, Collinsville. Nine games against nine different opponents. Information: Phil at 618-288-7910 or Yvonne at 618-344-1521.
- Glo Bingo — 7:30 p.m. Friday, American Legion Hall, St. Libory. Cost: $25 per person. Proceeds benefit St. Libory School. Information: 618-768-4923.
- Cribbage — 7 p.m. Tuesday, Camelot Bowl, 801 Beltline Road, Collinsville. New players wanted. Information: Yvonne, 618-344-1521 or Phillip, 618-288-7910.
- “Drinking Habits 2 — Caught In The Act” — 7:30 p.m. Friday and Saturday, Highland Elementary Auditorium, 1800 Lindenthal Ave., Highland. Hard Road Theatre production. For information or tickets ($10): www.hard
- “Avenue Q” — 7:30 p.m. Thursday through Saturday and Feb. 4-6 and 2 p.m. Sunday and Feb. 7, Looking Glass Playhouse, 301 W. St. Louis St. in Lebanon. Reservations: Visit www.lookingglassplayhouse.com or call 618-537-4962.
- Meat Shoot — noon Sunday, Elks Lodge 664, Illinois 161 and Lincoln Trail, Fairview Heights. Hams, pork steaks, bacon, hamburger and money rounds. Raffles, warm seating available, free food.
- Shiloh — 7 p.m. Saturday, Corpus Christi Catholic Church, 205 Rasp St., Shiloh. Doors open at 6:15 p.m. Cost: Tables of 8, $10 per person. Silent auction, 50/50 drawing, mulligans. Bring your own snacks and drinks. Reservations: Sarah, 618-632-7614. Sponsored by Corpus Christi Catholic church Youth Ministry to benefit teenage orphans the youth sponsor in Uganda.
- Belleville — 7 p.m. Saturday, St. Henry’s Monsignor Voss Parish Center, 5303 West Main St., Belleville. 10th annual Ella Prickett Memorial Scholarship music trivia. $20 per person includes beer. Bring snacks, soda. Muligans, 50/50s, silent auction, attendance prizes. Table for 6 to 8 people. To reserve a table, contact Kim Ahrens at 618-398-5638 or Kpahrens@yahoo.com
How to send your event
- Deadline: noon Monday. What’s Happening runs events happening from Thursday though the next Wednesday in Thursday’s Lifestyle section.
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Fax: 618-236-9773
- Mail: What’s Happening, c/o Lifestyle, 120 S. Illinois St., P.O. Box 427, Belleville, IL 62222-0427.
- Information: call 618-239-2537.
- Please include: Event, time, date, location, admission cost and special features. Also, a daytime phone number we can contact if we need more information.