February 10, 2016 3:48 AM
- New Memphis — 8:30 p.m.-12:30 a.m. Friday-Saturday, Sit “N” Bull Saloon, 31 S. Mill St., New Memphis. Free. Kyle Yardley Blues Band on Friday; Razed On Radio on Saturday.
- Monty Jackson Valentine Concert — 7 p.m. Saturday, Sparta Trinity Presbyterian Church, 301 W. Broadway, Sparta. Sparta American Legion Post 396 Youth Fundraiser. $10 per person. Sponsored by Dr. Morris and wife Carol Kugler, Iron Ford and McDonald’s of Sparta. Tickets available at the door.
- Belleville Philharmonic Chorale —7:30 p.m. Friday and Saturday, Philharmonic Hall, 116 N. Jackson St., Belleville. “Love Is In The Air” music theme. $18, adults; $15 seniors or military; $10 students. Tables of four, reservations required, 618 235-5600. Intermission refreshments.
- MUSIC Swing Dance Club — Lessons 7:15-8 p.m., open dancing 8-10 p.m. Thursday (Sweetie Pie Dance),Wild Country, 17 Gateway Drive, Collinsville. Free lessons in Imperial Swing, River Waltz. DJ Kent Hall. Cost: $20. Doors open at 7 p.m. Giveaways. Bring dessert to share. Information: www.musicswingdance.com.
- THE heART OF RESCUE — 1-4 p.m. Sunday, The Chapel, 6238 Alexander, St. Louis. Art sale and silent auction to benefit Partners for Pets. Cost: $15 per person, $25 per couple. Each ticket includes two complimentary drinks and light snacks. CHAIRity Auction includes reclaimed, refinished, repurposed, or upcycled chairs. Information: 618-540-7387 or partnersforpetsil.org.
- Free Public Panel — 2 p.m. Tuesday, Eugene B. Redmond Learning Center, Elijah P. Lovejoy Library, Second Floor, Southern Illinois University Edwardsville. Featuring Rosoce “Ros” Crenshaw, Charlois Lumpkin, Darlene Roy, Jaye P. Wills speaking on “Black Lives Matter.” Sponsored by EBR Writers Club. Information: 618-650-3991, 618-650-5710, email@example.com.
- 5K/10K Group Walk — 10 a.m. Tuesday, Walgreen’s, 1202 W. Union Ave., Litchfield. Register at 9:45 a.m. $3 fee per participant. Walk through historic Litchfield. Information: Trudy at firstname.lastname@example.org or www.illinois-trekkers.org.
- Diva Night — 5-8 p.m. Thursday, downtown Belleville. Registration: Eye on Design, 309 E. Main St.; after party: Club Escapade, 133 W. Main St. Cost: $5 per Diva.
- Book Sale— 4:30-7:30 p.m. Fridays during fish fry at Scottish Rite, 1549 Frank Scott Parkway West, Belleville. Most books $2 or less; paperbacks, $1; children’s books available. Benefits Children’s Dyslexia Center, Southern Illinois
- 5K/10K Group Walk — 9 a.m. Saturday, Dierberg’s, 222 N. Highway 67, Florissant, Mo. Register at 8:45 a.m. $3 fee per participant. Walk through beautiful historic Florissant. Information: Trudy at email@example.com of www.illinois-trekkers.com.
- Schmidt Art Center — Through Feb. 25, Southwestern Illinois College, 2500 Carlyle Ave., Belleville. “Function & Ceremony: The Art of Melanesia” includes treasures from the college’s permanent collection of objects from Papua, New Guinea. Costumes, masks, canoe prows, spirit boards and food bowls. “Smile Like You Mean It” includes paintings by Paula Haniszewski, chairman of the SWIC Art Department. “Zen and the Art of Typewriter Tim” features the art of Tim Jordan, who incorporates typewriters and typewriter parts into his art.
- “The Other Family: Indentured Servants at Stephenson House” — 10 a.m.-3 p.m. Saturdays; noon-3 p.m. Sundays during February, Stephenson House, 409 S. Buchanan St., Edwardsville. Admission: $6 adults, $3 children (6-12), free (under 5). Learn about slavery in Illinois and the servants living at Stephenson house, read copies of runaway ads placed in area newspapers from 1817-1822 and participate in hands-on-activities. Information: 618-692-1818 or www.stephensonhouse.org.
- Aviston Fish & Chicken Fry — 4:30-7 p.m. Friday, American Legion Post 1239, 601 S. Clinton St., Aviston. Eat in or carry out. 618-228-7311.
- Caseyville Fish Fry — 4-7 p.m. Friday, Caseyville VFW Post 1117, 415 N. Long, Caseyville. Fish plates, desserts, sandwiches, burgers and more.
- Collinsville Fish Fry — 3-8 p.m. Friday, Collinsville VFW Post 5691, 1234 Vandalia, Collinsville. Eat in or carry out. Cod, catfish fillets, tilapia, sides.
- Collinsville Fish Fry — 3-8 p.m. Friday, Collinsville American Legion, 1022 Vandalia St., Collinsville. North Atlantic cod, whole catfish, Cajun cut-ups, crab cakes, sides, desserts. Information: 618-345-2508.
- Collinsville Fish Fry — 4-7:30 p.m. Friday, Knights of Columbus Hall, Illinois 157, Collinsville. Eat in or carry out. Fried/baked cod, catfish, sides. Senior plate starting at $4.99. 618-345-1492.
- Ellis Grove Fish Fry — 4-8 p.m. Friday, Ellis Grove Fire Department, 501 Eggemeyer Plaza, Ellis Grove. Cod, catfish, shrimp, buffalo. Sides: Baked beans, fries, onion rings, slaw, hush puppies, potato salad, fried pickles, tea, coffee, soda, water, beer. Accepting donation of clothes, toys, household items for the Red Cross. Military discount available.
- Fairview Heights Fish Fry — 3-8 p.m. Friday, Knights of Columbus Hall, 5420 Old Collinsville Road. Walton’s Fish Fry. Serving jack salmon and wild-caught grilled salmon. Homemade desserts. Carryouts: 618-632-5222.
- Freeburg Fish Bake & Fry — 4-7 p.m. Friday, St. Joseph’s Parish Center, 6 N. Alton St., Freeburg. Baked cod, cod loins (plate, sandwich or pound), shrimp, grilled cheese, spaghetti, baked potato, green beans, onion rings, French fries, homemade slaw, mac/cheese, dessert, refreshments. Sponsored by the Support Committee. Eat in or carry out. 618-539-4720.
- Granite City Fish Fry — 4-7 p.m. Friday, St. Elizabeth Church, Granite City. Cod, catfish, pollock, jack salmon, shrimp. Eat in or carry out.
- Highland Fish Fry — 4-7:30 p.m. Friday, VFW Post 5694, 1900 VFW Road, Highland. Eat in or carry out. 618-654-6367.
- Mascoutah Fish Fry — 5-8 p.m. Friday, Mascoutah VFW Post 7682, 620 Donaphan St., Mascoutah. Dine in or carry out. 618-566-2288.
- Millstadt Fish Fry and Jam Session — 11 a.m.-2 p.m., 4-8 p.m. Friday, Millstadt VFW Post, 200 Veterans Drive, Millstadt.
- Millstadt Fish Fry — 4-8 p.m. Friday, Millstadt Sportsmen’s Club, 4915 Schmidt Lane, Millstadt. Cod, shrimp, walleye, desserts. Carry-outs available at 618-476-1891.
- O’Fallon Fish Fry — 4-8 p.m. Friday, Knights of Columbus Hall, 402 E. U.S. 50, O’Fallon. Sponsored by KC and Ladies Auxiliary. Cod and bluegill, burgers, hot dogs, sides. Eat in or carry out. 618-632-6229.
- O’Fallon Fish Fry — 4-8 p.m. Friday, VFW Post 805, 221 W. First St., O’Fallon. Sponsored by Sgt. Charles A. Fricke VFW Post 805 and Ladies Auxiliary. Fried and grilled fish and chicken, homemade sides and desserts. Children’s menu. To-go orders delivered to car. 618-624-2651.
- O’Fallon Fish & Chicken Fry — 5-8 p.m. every Friday, O’Fallon American Legion, 109 N. Penn, O’Fallon. Carryouts available. 618-632-8879.
- Okawville Fish Fry — 5-8 p.m. Friday, American Legion Post 233, 205 N. Hanover St., Okawville. Eat in or carry out. 618-243-5528.
- Quail Club Fish Fry — 5-8 p.m. Friday, Quail Club, 8303 Concordia Church Road, Belleville. Cod, walleye, shrimp, wings, burgers, sides, desserts. Carry-outs available. No phone orders.
- St. Henry Fish Fry — 4-7 p.m. Friday, Msgr. Voss Center, 5305 W. Main St., Belleville. Sponsored by St. Henry Women’s and Men’s organizations. Codfish (sandwich, plate or pound), baked salmon and soup, slaw, spaghetti, french fries, onion rings, cheese pizza. Carry outs available.
- Scott VFW Fish Fry — 5-8 p.m. Friday, Scott VFW Post 4183, Belleville. Carry outs available. Order ahead: 618-746-9801.
- Scottish Rite Fish Fry — 4:30-7:30 p.m. Friday, Scottish Rite Masonic Bodies, 1549 Frank Scott Parkway West, Belleville. By the pound, plate, sandwich. Contact 618-235-3350.
- Shiloh Fish Fry — 5-8 p.m. Friday, 100 Eagle Drive, Shiloh. Sponsored by Eagles No. 545. Cod, walleye, shrimp, chicken strip plates. Eat in or carry out. 618-624-5412.
- Summerfield Fish Fry — 5:30-8 p.m. Friday, Summerfield Lions Club, 100 E. Park St., Summerfield. 618-934-3841 or 618-334-3177.
- Swansea Fish Fry — 11 a.m.-8 p.m. Friday-Saturday, Swansea Fish Stand, 216 Service St., Swansea. Cod, walleye, shrimp. 618-222-7171.
- Troy VFW Fish Fry — 4-8 p.m. Friday, Troy VFW Post 976 and Ladies Auxiliary, 123-A W. Market St., Troy. Choice of cod, catfish, jack salmon, baked fish, chicken strips, shrimp. Dinners include bread and choice of two sides. Dine in or carry out. 618-667-8387.
- Marissa Spaghetti Dinner — 4-7 p.m. Saturday, Marissa Masonic Lodge 881, 1366 Green Diamond Road, (1/2 mile north of Marissa on Route 13). Cost: $8 adults, $15 two adults, $4 children (under 12).
- Valentine’s Steak Dinner — 4:30-8 p.m. Saturday, St. Agatha’s Parish Center, 207 S. Market St., New Athens. Grilled ribeye steak and jumbo fantail shrimp, $14; grilled marinated chicken breasts, $13; surf and turf, $19; baked potato, french fries, salad bar, hamburgers, cheeseburgers, coffee, tea.
- Ham & Meat Raffle — 1-6 p.m. Sunday, Knights of Columbus at Columbus Club, 114 W. Oak St., Millstadt. Free. Pork sausage, fried potatoes, attendance prizes.
- Valentines Night Dinner — 4-6 p.m. Sunday, Scott VFW Post 4183, Belleville. Beef/salmon steak. Cost: $35 a couple, $20 single. Prepaid reservation required. 618-746-9801.
- Walton’s Chicken Dinner — 4-7 p.m. Tuesday, Knights of Columbus Hall, 5420 Old Collinsville Road, Fairview Heights. Homemade desserts. For carry-outs, call 618-632-5222.
- Fried Chicken — 4-8 p.m. Wednesday, Millstadt VFW Post, 200 Veterans Drive, Millstadt. All you can eat. Adults $10; $8 seniors; $5 children (12 and younger). Sponsored by Millstadt VFW Post. 22.
- Cribbage — 6:30 p.m. Thursday, Knights of Columbus Hall, 1 Columbus Drive, Collinsville. Nine games against nine different opponents. Information: Phil at 618-288-7910 or Yvonne at 618-344-1521.
- Euchre Tournament — 7 p.m. Friday, Smithton Senior Center.
- Euchre Tournament — 1:30 p.m. Sunday, St. Pancratius Parish Hall, Fayetteville. Cost: $5 per player. Questions: Rodney, 618-791-5705.
- Cribbage — 7 p.m. Tuesday, Camelot Bowl, 801 Beltline Road, Collinsville. New players wanted. Information: Yvonne, 618-344-1521 or Phillip, 618-288-7910.
- “Foxfire” — 7:30 p.m. Friday-Saturday; 2:30 p.m. Sunday. Monroe Actors State Co., 202 S. Main St., Waterloo. Tickets: $12 general admission, $10 seniors, students. Box office opens one hour before curtain. Or call for tickets, 618 939-7469 or www.masctheatre.org
- “Meshuggah-Nuns” — 7:30 pm. Friday, Feb. 19, Saturday, Feb. 13 and 20; 2 p.m. Sunday, Feb. 14 & 21, Turkey Hill Grange auditorium, Green Mount Road and Route 15, 1375 E. State Route 15, Belleville. Presented by The Brass Rail Players. Tickets: $15 adults; $12 seniors, students, military with ID; $6 (8th grade and under). Get tickets by calling 618-767-6016 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- “Proof” — 7:30 p.m. Wednesday-Saturday, Feb. 17-Feb. 20; 2 p.m. Sunday, Feb. 21. Tickets are $12 general admission adults 18 and older; $10 seniors (65 & up), non-SIUE students, and all SIUE retirees, alumni, faculty and staff. SIUE students get free admission with a valid school ID. Tickets/information: 618-650-2774, 888-328-51698 ext. 2774.
- “The Drowsy Chaperone” — 7:30 p.m. Friday and Saturday and 2 p.m. Sunday. Auditorium at Lindenwood University in Belleville. $10 general admission, $5 for students and seniors. Tickets, call 618 239-6297, or buy at the Box Office.
- BBQ & Meat Shoot — noon-dusk Saturday, Caseyville Moose Lodge No.4, 8550 Bunkum Road, Caseyville. Sponsored by L.O.O.M. Meat shoot, meat wheel, BBQ ribs, pork steaks, chicken, pulled pork with homemade sides.
- Indoor .22 Rifle Shoot — noon Sunday, Millstadt Sportsmen’s Club, 4915 Schmidt Lane, Millstadt. Iron sights only. Refreshments.
- Belleville — 7 p.m. Saturday, Althoff High Heritage Hall, West Main St. & Frank Scott Parkway Belleville. Doors open at 6:30 p.m. Sponsored by Friends of Belleville Public Library for Children’s Summer Reading Program. Tickets: $12 per person, 6-8 per table. Reservations: 618-277-7145 (leave name/number for confirmation call-back). Bring your own snacks. Soda for purchase. Cash prizes, mulligans. Master of ceremonies: Roger Schlueter “The Answer Man.”
- O’Fallon — 7 p.m. Saturday, Knights of Columbus Hall, 402 E. Highway 50, O’Fallon. Benefits Hands to Help NFP. Hosted by Shawn Balint. Cost: $10 per person (2 person minimum, 10 person maximum). Bring your own snacks. Cash bar available. No outside beverages permitted. Silent auction, attendance prizes. Doors open at 6 p.m. Information/reservations: 618-235-8853, email@example.com.