Want to know how to get out the door in the morning?
Ask a teacher with 2-year-old triplets.
Stacy Belosi, 31, of Millstadt, teaches seventh grade at Grant Middle School in Fairview Heights. Her husband Matt is a seventh-grade teacher at Millstadt Consolidated School and also drives the bus.
"Being organized is the best advice I can give for getting everyone ready for school in the morning," she said, "and always plan ahead."
Here's how Stacy does it.
1. Lay out outfits for the next day the night before. "I often lay them out for the week for the kids and myself," she said.
2. Fill the coffee pot the night before because 5:15 comes early.
3. Pack lunches and snacks the night before.
4. "I wake all three of them up at 6 a.m. and we are out the door at 6:25 a.m.," Stacy said. "Routine is key. If you do the same thing every morning to prepare them to leave the house, it makes things a lot easier on everyone."
5. "Parents need to coordinate what responsibilities they will be in charge of in the morning, such as feeding the dog, helping kids get dressed, loading the car, etc."