Church celebrates patriotism
Sunday is Patriotic Sunday at Christ the King Apostolic Church, 6920 Old Collinsville Road, O'Fallon.
Activities begin at 10 a.m. and will center on the dedication of the new flagpole and a color guard ceremony. There will also be singing and multimedia presentations.
Those attending are asked to wear patriotic colors for a photo shoot and to bring along any old flags that should be retired.
Never miss a local story.
Carbondale quartet will sing
Fortress Quartet of Carbondale will sing at 10:45 a.m. Sunday at the Parkview Church of the Nazarene, 50 Longacre Drive, Fairview Heights.
Donations will be accepted.
Youth concert benefits trip
Mt. Zion Youth Choir will be in concert for a benefit for the choir tour to Indiana.
Inspirational Voices Youth Choir will present a summer praise concert at 4 p.m. Sunday at Mount Zion Missionary Baptist Church, 24th Street and Bond Avenue, East St. Louis.
Donations will be accepted at the concert.
For information, call 274-8350 or 274-8353.
Church welcomes guest speaker
Dr. Roy Fish will be the speaker at the 8:15, 9:30 and 10:55 a.m. services Sunday at First Baptist Church Maryville, 7110 State Route 162, Maryville.
Fish taught at Southwestern Baptist Theological Seminary and has been interim pastor at more than 50 churches.
Sterling church turns 75
Sterling Baptist Church will celebrate its 75th anniversary celebration Sunday at the church, 9204 Bunkum Road, Fairview Heights.
The guest pastor will be the Rev. Roy Fields, music director is Cecil Fultz and a concert by The Shepherdsmen at 1 p.m.
Sunday School is at 9:30 a.m., followed by the worship celebration at 10:45 a.m.
For information, call the church at 397-4365.
Missionary Week begins at Sparta church
Sunday begins Missionary Week at Westminster Presbyterian Church in Sparta.
Robert and Alene Holloway, members of the church who are missionaries to Malawi, Africa, will be honored.
During the Sunday School and worship hour Sunday, Anita Henderlight of the New Sudan Education Initiative will present the ministry of NESEI to the congregation.
Also during the week, the Rev. Deborah and Dr. Joe Troester and their daughter, Christa, will present their mission work at Westminster Presbyterian.
Several churches host VBS
Vacation Bible School:
* First Baptist Church of Fairview Heights, 10401 Lincoln Trail, Fairview Heights, 6-8:40 p.m. July 6-10 for ages 3 through sixth grade. Theme: "Boomerang Express." 397-4720.
* First United Methodist Church, 207 W. Church St., Collinsville, 5:45-8 p.m. July 19-23. "Camp E.D.G.E. (Experience + Discover God Everywhere)."
*Friedens United Church of Christ, 207 E. Center St., Troy, 6-8:35 p.m. July 13-17.
* Pentecostals of Troy, 312 S. Main St., Trenton, July 19-22. www.pentecostalsoftroy.org. Registration available at the door at 5 p.m. July 19.
* St. Michael's Episcopal Church, 111 O'Fallon-Troy Road, O'Fallon, 5:30-8:30 p.m. July 27-31 for ages 4 to 10. Theme is "Wildwood forest." Free with dinner included.
* Swansea Church (Southern Baptist), 292 Frank Scott Parkway East, Swansea, 4-9 p.m. July 13-17. Music camp. For those who have completed first through eighth grades. Bring brown bag supper. 235-4000.