HEADACHE ANSWERS: Walgreens Pharmacy in Belleville is offering a free headache question session from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. Saturday with pharmacy student Bailey Peper.
She will be at the Walgreens at 5890 North Belt West at the corner of Frank Scott Parkway.
* The Karla Smith Foundation support group for family and friends of anyone with mental health problems will be from 7 to 8:30 p.m. Thursday in the Peace Chapel, 10101 W. Main St., Belleville. For information, visit www.KarlaSmithFoundation.org.
* Next Chapter divorced and separated support group will meet from 7:30 to 9 p.m. Tuesday at the Diocesan Pastoral Center, 2620 Lebanon Ave., Belleville. There will be a discussion of issues that surface after a separation or divorce. For information, call 235-9601, ext. 146.
* The Brain Injury Support System for Southern Illinois will meet from 10 a.m. to noon Friday at LINC, Inc., 120 E. A St., Belleville.
There will be resource materials available. For information, call Barbara at 616-1700.
BOOK SIGNING: A book signing with Missouri resident Carol Suchland will be held from 1 to 3 p.m. Saturday at Word Christian Bookstore, 1265 N. 89th St., East St. Louis.
She wrote the book "God Loves You."
PRAYER GROUP: The Violet Flame Society, a prayer/study group, will present "Namaste Day" from 11 a.m. to 6 p.m. Saturday at Stillpoint Wellness Center, 2135 Dorothy Drive, Belleville.
Those attending can explore the metaphysical mysteries.
To make an appointment with a reader, call 235-1933.
DINNER MEETING: A Racial Harmony dinner meeting will be held at 6:30 p.m. Thursday at the Center for Racial Harmony, 501 Fullerton Road, Schnucks Swansea Plaza.
The topic of discussion will be "Job Losses: Unemployment and Foreclosures: The Impact These Issues Have on Youth."
Refreshments will be served. The program is free.
Bring a non-perishable food item for the food pantry.
MS WALK: The Multiple Sclerosis Society will host its annual O'Fallon Walk for MS at 8:30 a.m. Saturday at the Family Sports Park in O'Fallon.
Registration begins at 8 a.m.
There will be a 2.2 or a 1-mile optional walk. Breakfast will be available.
For information or to register, call 830-3908 or e-mail email@example.com.
BLOOD DRIVES: Central Illinois Community Blood Center blood drives will be:
* 4-8 p.m. Monday, Christ United Methodist Church, multipurpose room, 339 Frank Scott Parkway, Fairview Heights.
* 3-7 p.m. Monday, First Baptist Church of Maryville, main floor, 7110 State Route 162, Maryville.
* Noon-4 p.m. Wednesday, Jim's Formal Wear, 1 Tuxedo Park, Trenton, in the event center.
* Noon-4 p.m. Thursday, Touchette Regional Hospital conference room, 5900 Bond Ave., Centreville.
* 10 a.m.-2 p.m. Friday, Central Illinois Community Blood Center, 5 Club Centre Court, Suite B, Edwardsville.
BLOOD DRIVES: American Red Cross blood drives will be:
* 11 a.m.-4 p.m. Wednesday, Millennium room, St. Elizabeth's Hospital, 211 S. Third St., Belleville. To make an appointment, visit www.givelife.org and enter sponsor code "stelizabethshospital" and then choose an appointment time, or call 234-2120, ext. 1374. Identification is required to donate.
* 1-7 p.m. Monday, VFW Home, 1900 VFW Road, Highland. Sponsored by Veterans of Foreign Wars Post 5694 and the Ladies Auxiliary.
* 3-7 p.m. Thursday, Hope Church, 200 Dapron Drive, Belleville. Sponsored by Hope Church. Bring a photo identification. Walk-ins are welcome. To schedule an appointment, call (800) GIVE-LIFE.
SCHOLARSHIP WALK: The Auxiliary at St. Joseph's Hospital in Breese will host a walk Sept. 12 to raise money for scholarships for health-care career students.
Registration opens at 9 a.m. and the walk begins at 10 a.m.
Participants will walk one-mile or more if they choose.
Those interested should sponsor themselves for $12 each, and then ask for additional sponsors for $10 each. Participants should register by Friday to receive an event T-shirt.
For information, call 526-5351, e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org, call Jeannie at 526-0095 or call Connie at 526-8106.