SLOW COOKER CHEESY TORTELLINI
1 pound lean ground beef
1/2 onion, diced
24-ounce jar marinara sauce
Never miss a local story.
14-ounce can diced tomatoes, drained
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 teaspoon dried oregano
1 tseaspoon dried basil
9-ounce package three-cheese tortellini, refrigerated or fresh
1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
1/2 cup Parmesan cheese
Fresh parsley for garnish
1. Over medium high heat, brown ground beef and onion. Crumble beef as it browns. Drain if necessary.
2. Add ground beef and onion, marinara sauce, diced tomatoes, garlic, oregano and basil to slow cooker. Cook on High heat 3 hours or on low heat 6 hours.
3. Mix all the different kinds of cheese together.
4. Stir in tortellini and half of the cheeses. Sprinkle remaining cheese over the top.
5. Cover and cook for 15-20 more minutes, or until tortellini is tender.
6. Serve while hot. Serves 6 to 8.