The wheels were turning quickly at a trivia night on July 19 to benefit Michael "Mikey" Stephens, 37,of Troy, in his battle against lung cancer.
The event, held at American Legion Post 435 in Glen Carbon, raised about $800, 100 percent of which went to Stephens and his wife, April.
Michael's cousin, Elisha Schaffer, wrote the questions, which included a category about "Goonies," Michael's favorite movie, and even one that referenced Michael's dad and a supersized steak.
If you missed the trivia night, you can still help the family at a Dine to Donate night fron 3:45 to 10 p.m. Tuesday at Texas Roadhouse restaurant in Edwardsville. When you get your bill, request that 10 percent goes toward the Michael Stephens family.
In the movie "Goonies"
1. What does Data use to slow the Fratellis across the log bridge?
2. What is the name of the dance Chunk has to do to get into Mikey's house?
Food for thought
3. On May 26, 2014, Molly Schuylet, 5-foot-7, 125-pound mother of four, broke a world record by eating a steak known as the "Big Texan" in 4 hours, 58 minutes. How big was the steak?
4. This herb's name means "joy of the mountains" in Greek.
5. What type of egg is made by very briefly immersing an egg in the shell in boiling water, keeping the yellow yolk soft and runny?
6. What cooking fuel is produced by heating wood without oxygen?
7. Which is the only king without a mustache in standard playing cards?
Who said it?
8. "There's no crying in baseball!"
9. "I love you. You're my only reason to stay alive ... if that's what I am."
10. "I'm gonna make him an offer he can't refuse."
11. What 1964 Beatles' song was the first to use feedback on a rock 'n' roll album?
12. What did Prince become in 2001? (Hint: He occasionally knocks on people's doors as an advocate.)
13. Mama mia, that's a spicy meatball!
14. Get the sensation.
15. The nickname "The Eternal City" refers to what city?
16. The Nile River is the longest river in the world at 4,132 miles. What is the next longest?
1. Slick shoes
2. The Truffle Shuffle
3. 72-ounce steak. (Merle Stephens, Michael's dad, completed the challenge in less than an hour in 1991)
7. King of hearts
8. Tom Hanks (Jimmy Dugan) in "A League of Their Own."
9. Robert Pattinson (Edward) in "Twilight."
10. Marlon Brando (Don Vito Corleone) in "The Godfather"
11. "I Feel Fine"
12. Jehovah's Witness
13. Alka Seltzer
14. York Peppermint Patty
15. Rome, Italy
16. Amazon River, South America (3,976 miles)