Picture yourself behind the wheel of a brand new European sports car, an energy-saving hybrid or a heavy-duty truck with all the latest gadgets.
Chances are, there’s a new vehicle with your name on it at the St. Louis Auto Show.
Feel free to wear your Italian racing scarf and dream as you ogle more than 500 new cars, trucks, vans, SUV’s and luxury vehicles from more than 25 manufacturers all under one roof at the show Thursday through Sunday at America’s Center and the Edward Jones Dome in downtown St. Louis. You can even get a sneak preview at some of the 2017s on display.
The Auto Show’s special features include:
▪ Drifting champion Vaughn Gittin Jr., the only American to win a 1 Grand Prix event — twice. He will amaze audiences with his aggressive, foot-to-the-floor, big smoke driving style in his legendary Mustang RTR.
▪ The Million Dollar Mile, showcasing the most luxurious automobiles on the market. You can drool over Lamborghini, Maserati, Rolls Royce, Lotus and more.
▪ Gateway Kartplex Go Kart Racing. Get behind the wheel and experience the thrill of high speed, wheel-to-wheel kart racing at the St. Louis Auto Show Karting Experience. Challenge your friends or family members to see who really is the fastest driver as you race each other on the custom-designed, multiturn road course on the floor of the dome. You’ll drive the latest GT-5 Gateway Pro Karts in a real racing environment. Cost is $15 per drive; ages 14 and up. gatewaykartplex.com
▪ Toyota Drive Center. Stop by and take a spin in a new Toyota Camry, Prius, Corolla or RAV4. A professional driver will ride shotgun and will answer questions. You’ll get a thank-you gift on completion of a test drive.
▪ Chrysler Drive Center. Register at the show for a chance to drive and evaluate the latest models from Chrysler, Jeep, Dodge, Ram and Fiat.
▪ EcoCity. The exhibit, brought to you by MSD Project Clear, provides an educational and entertaining experience to learn about green automotive initiatives.
▪ Aftermarket Alley. It features everything you need to spruce up the car, truck or van you already own, including leather, DVD players, spoilers and rims.
▪ The STL Auto Show Charity Party inside St. Louis Ballpark Village is the place to be at 6 p.m. Saturday. Music is by Broseph E. Lee featuring Whiskey Dixon. Doors open at 6 p.m. Tickets are $20. Proceeds support local charities.