The FBI announced plans to hold a news conference Wednesday to reveal more details of its investigation into the shooting at a baseball field that injured a congressman and four other people.
The press conference is scheduled for 9 a.m. Wednesday at the FBI Washington Field Office in Washington, D.C.
The FBI has been leading an investigation into James T. Hodgkinson, of Belleville, who last week shot and injured people at a Republican baseball practice in Alexandria, Va., before being killed by police.
The speakers will include:
Never miss a local story.
▪ Andrew W. Vale, assistant director in charge, FBI Washington Field Office;
▪ Timothy R. Slater, special agent in charge, FBI Washington Field Office;
▪ Michael L. Brown, chief, Alexandria Police Department;
▪ Matthew R. Verderosa, chief, United States Capitol Police; and
▪ Michael B. Boxler, special agent in charge, Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives.