Belleville Area Humane Society is a temporary home for about 30 to 40 dogs and 35 to 40 cats. Here’s a look at two of the shelter’s A-list animals: Goslin, the beauty queen, and Dots, the sweet pea.
Goslin has been at the BAHS longest out of all their residents. She’s a domestic-shorthair calico who loves having her beauty admired by her adoring fans, but is ready to settle down and relax in a forever home. She was adopted as a kitten in 2012, but wound up back at the shelter in 2013, where she’s been ever since.
▪ Age: Five, but still looking three, thank you very much
Never miss a local story.
▪ Favorite pastimes: Looking beautiful, having her tummy rubbed and snuggling
▪ Dislikes: Other cats and loud noises
▪ One song that describes her: “Young and Beautiful” by Lana del Rey
▪ Skills: Being pretty and giving affectionate head-bumps
▪ Life motto: Don’t hate me ‘cause I’m beautiful
▪ Fun fact: She is part of the Pets for Patriots Program, which gives special benefits and discounts, including help with veterinary care, to veterans and active-service military.
Dots has been hanging out at BAHS for about a month after being brought in as a stray, so her past is as mysterious as she is. She’s a little bashful around strangers, but loves cuddles and kisses after she gets to know someone. She’s also a bit of a couch potato and enjoys lounging around.
▪ Age: Four
▪ Favorite pastimes: Giving kisses, receiving hugs and relaxing
▪ Dislikes: Cats (no offense, Goslin)
▪ One song that describes her: “The Lazy Song” by Bruno Mars
▪ Skills: Being sweet and cuddling
▪ Life motto: When in doubt, chill out
▪ Fun fact: Has a permanent smile on her face
For more information or to adopt Goslin or Dots, call 618-235-3712 or visit Belleville Area Humane Society.