Flex policies, parental leaves and advancement programs are some of the things that Working Mother Magazine prioritized in its annual “Best Companies” for working mothers list.
Monsanto, with headquarters in suburban St. Louis, is on the list, as are Booz Allen Hamilton, Bank of America, Capital One, PNC Financial Services Group and more Missouri and Illinois companies. The complete list is of the top 100 companies based on a 400-question survey of the magazine’s readers.
According to Working Mother, companies stand out for paid parental leave and backup child care, including for those mothers of special needs children. Of the year’s 100 Best Companies, the magazine reports that 88 percent offer some form of support for employees children who have autism.
The 100 Best Companies offer:
Never miss a local story.
▪ Paying for a child’s caregivers to travel with parents on business trips: 9 percent
▪ Subsidies at near-site childcare centers: 19 percent
▪ Subsidies at on-site childcare centers: 27 percent
▪ Travel childcare reimbursement: 33 percent
▪ Before- and after-hours childcare: 43 percent
▪ Before- and after-school childcare: 47 percent
▪ Summer-program childcare: 57 percent
▪ School-holiday childcare: 71 percent
▪ Childcare referral services: 91 percent
▪ Backup childcare: 92 percent