More than $3 million worth of projects will improve streets and bridges in Madison and St. Clair counties, according to state transportation officials.
The projects are part of the Illinois Jobs Now! construction program, which was promoted by Gov. Pat Quinn, funded through the sale of bonds and managed by the Illinois Department of Transportation.
The projects include:
* Madison -- $755,234 to improve Bissell Street from Illinois 3 to Klein Avenue. The work includes new pavement, curb and gutter, sidewalk and drainage upgrades and pavement markings.
* Edwardsville -- $654,808 to improve West Union Street between St. Louis to North Main Street. The work includes almost six-tenths of a mile of milling, resurfacing, curb and gutter replacement, patching, sidewalks and pavement markings.
* Collinsville and Dupo -- $611,450 to clean and paint several highway bridges carrying traffic on Illinois Route 3 over I-255 near Dupo, and I-55/70 over Beltline Road in Collinsville.
* Mascoutah and New Baden -- $579,770 to clean and paint several bridge structures carrying traffic on County Highway 10 over I-64 near New Baden, I-64 over Silver Creek near Mascoutah, and I-64 over Little Silver Creek near Mascoutah.
* Troy -- $272,377 for work on North Main Street from Market to Clay Street. The work includes new pavement, sidewalks, crosswalks, drainage structures, and pavement markings.
* Edwardsville -- $132,866 for work on District Drive from Goshen Road to Governors Parkway. The work includes sidewalk and curb and gutter construction, traffic signals, pavement markings, signs and seeding.
* Highland -- $65,680 to replace ramp lighting at the I-70 Silver Lake Rest Area.