A group of Roman Catholic sisters from the Poor Handmaids of Jesus Christ is coming to the metro-east this weekend to reconnect with friends, family and those whom they have ministered.
About 40 women from the motherhouse in Donaldson, Ind., will attend the events called PHJCs Coming Home. Most of the events are open to the public.
All of the women are either from Southern Illinois or ministered at some of the schools, parishes, orphanages and other facilities in the area.
Here is a rundown of some of those events:
* Thursday, 5 p.m.: Mass celebrated by the Most Rev. Bishop Edward Braxton, Cathedral of St. Peter Cathedral in Belleville; evening meal in Cathedral Undercroft for PHJCs, parishioners and friends.
* Thursday, 8:30-11 p.m.: Theology on Tap gathering for ages 21-40 at The Abbey, 5801 W. Main St., Belleville.
* Friday, 8 a.m.: Mass celebrated by Monsignor Jim Buerster, St. Boniface, Germantown; breakfast at Germantown American Legion for PHJCs, parishioners and friends.
* Friday, 11 a.m.-3 p.m.: Vocation Day at Mater Dei High School, Breese, for ages 10-14.
* Friday, 5 p.m. : Evening prayer led by Rev. George Mauck at St. Mary's Parish, Carlyle; dinner for PHJCs, parishioners and friends.
* Saturday, 8 a.m.: Morning prayer led by the Rev. Joe Rascher at St. Mary's, Trenton; breakfast for PHJCs, parishioners and friends.