Four existing and five new St. Clair County community gardens recently received grant funding from Get Up & Go, a countywide organization dedicated to improving the health of residents.
Gardens were awarded between $250 and $1,000 in Healthy Community grants, depending on the size and scope of the project, according to a news release from Cheryl Singsank.
New gardens were funded at:
* St. John United Church of Christ in Fairview Heights;
* Leu Civic Center in Mascoutah;
* Smithton Community Garden;
* Community Performance Ensemble at Old Morrison School in East St. Louis; and
* Henry Raab Elementary School in Belleville.
Existing gardens were funded at:
* Lebanon Garden Club;
* Westminster Presbyterian Church in Belleville;
* O'Fallon Garden Club; and
* Zion Lutheran Church and school in Belleville.